seven | a night at insomniac

"That's it. You're definitely getting laid tonight!" Dorian squealed from her place on my bed.

"Maybe, maybe." I shook my head before tossing a grin to her. I looked over my outfit in my full-length body mirror before applying my light pink lip gloss.

You see, Insomniac was the most notorious club in Ibiza. And for a good reason.

Besides the variety of artists it hosts annually, the club had the best nightlife in Ibiza. However, the best of Insomniac's parties were their weekend concerts. And every clubgoer went all out in these events.

After all, you might as well look good having the time of your life. And that's why Dorian and I decided to be cowgirls for the night.

"Girl, you look so good!" She said before coming up to me and gently hugging me from behind. Her chin pressed against my shoulder. "I swear if no man takes you, I will!"

I chuckled. "I appreciate that, but you need to go get changed yourself."

"I will!" She pulled away from me. "Did Levi text you yet?" She was making her way to exit.

"No, but he will, or he'll text you. Aika already confirmed she's coming."

"Alright. See you soon." The door snapped to a close behind her.

My costume was more revealing than my typical style, but a good outfit nonetheless. It consisted of western tan boots with lace stitching, a white high-waisted skirt, a gold necklace, and a russet brown long sleeve ruched bust top. And, of course, with a tan cowboy hat.

I was sure I'd by enticing a few curious eyes from across the dance floor. The clothes left little to the imagination but that was what I wanted anyway.

The tattoo that ran along my left rib cage was on display. It was the first one I ever got along with the crescent moon on the back of my left shoulder. After I packed and left my parents, I got them, and to this day, I consider them the first act of my new life.

The tattoo on my ribcage read Amor in cursive lettering. Love. It's a cliché thing to admit, but I hope to have love one day. And in a sense, I believe I had a connection like that with Álvaro.

Maybe it was a matter of the right person wrong time.

Sighing softly, I ran my hand through my dirty blonde hair before grabbing my hat off my bed and heading to the kitchen.

Dorian leaned over the counter next to what looked like two. . . holsters? Her eyes focused on her phone.

"Oh, hey, Cat." She smiled up at me. "Levi just texted me and told me he'll be there."

"Good to hear. What's with the holsters?" I inquired. "We don't have any prop guns, do we?"

She shook her head, chuckling lightly. "I figured we could use them to hide our flasks." After snapping the clips, she pulled out two gray containers from each holster belt. "No one will even realize." She hummed softly before sliding her hands over to a bottle of Grey Goose and some shot glasses. "Pre-game shots?" She offered with a glint in her eyes.

"Why not," I laughed, accepting the glass after she poured some vodka. "Cheers?"

"Cheers! To a wild night!" Her glass loudly clinked against mine before she downed the shot.