eleven | under the fluorescent lights

CATALINA
♔ ♔ ♔

"Guess what I saw on my Instagram feed this morning?" Dorian asked from across the island counter.

"Hm, what?" Curiously, I raised a brow. I picked up the apple slices I had cut up and placed them in a bowl as an afternoon snack.

"Well, SZA, Megan Thee Stallion, and Doja Cat were at the Black Ace Nightclub after their performance at Insomniac," Dorian announced. She walked over to show me a picture of the trio taken at the club.

I turned my attention to her phone screen, seeing the trio of female singers all smiling wide. From the looks of it, they were all seated at a booth. All in front of an array of delicious-looking Italian dishes.

Dorian scrolled right, showing another picture, with Doja and SZA rocking out on a stage in front of a filled crowd. Even though there was no sound, I swore I could hear the fans screaming in the crowded venue.

She went through a few more photos before a very particular picture caught my attention.

It was one of a tall, handsome Siciliano with the musicians. He was dressed in black slacks, with a matching button-down, and his black locks were gelled back. I quickly picked him out as Niccolò.

Like the famous singers, he had a wide grin on his face, embracing the trio.

It was almost like I heard the laughter emitting from the four of them from moments before.

My eyes narrowed, wondering how the hell he managed to get a picture with SZA, Doja Cat, and Megan.

"That's my boss," I said softly, pointing at Niccolò in the middle.

Dorian turned her phone back to herself. "Shit, he's hot, Cat." She muttered in amusement with a sly smile.

I wanted to roll my eyes.

If the picture version of Niccolò could hear Dorian's comment, it would've surely gone to his head and his ego.

"He would appreciate you said that," I joked.

"I mean, I just can't believe we're going to the Black Ace later tonight with Levi." She clicked her phone off, setting it aside. "And how you managed to get front of the line access and everything at fifty percent off."

"Employee's perks, I suppose," I said with a shrug before biting into an apple slice.

The truth was more nuanced than just "employee's perks." Considering the indecent proposal he made in the pool last week.

With his fingers deep inside me, might I add.

But, alas, it was Friday.

And I couldn't look any more forward to tonight.

✧ ✧ ✧ ✧

"My name is Catalina Villada. Mr. Bernardi said we should be on the list." I explained to a worker at the front doors of the club. He held a clipboard filled with names.

"Your name is, but your two friends aren't?" He bellowed, flipping through a few pages before flicking his gaze over Dorian and Levi.

I was about to protest when I heard a familiar voice from behind the check-in booth.

"Let them pass with her, Dom," said the masculine voice. "I give them clearance," Andrea emerged from his place at the table.

Dom listened, pulling the red velvet rope open, allowing Dorian, Levi, and I to pass.

Angry grumbles and groans erupted from the packed line behind us filled with people who had been waiting for hours to get entrance into the luxurious club.