twenty | strange

NICCOLÒ
♕ ♕ ♕

What the fuck was that?

Centuries seemed to have passed by the time my brain registered that Catalina had left me. I stared at the open door, swallowing thickly.

How could that be?

I thought she was doing okay.

I ran a hand through my hair as I paced a few steps around the lounge, jaw clenched as I thought back on the past afternoon. Catalina arrived around 11:30 am and met me, and she then tried on clothes. She was lively as she went through racks and racks of clothes. Playful, even. Nothing seemed to be amiss.

Then somewhere, while she was trying on clothes, something went wrong, and I hadn't realized it.

And she had left me. She was gone. She had been for minutes now, yet it didn't make it any more tolerable that she had left me and didn't plan on returning anytime soon.

Had I done something wrong?

My cellphone rang in my pocket - I glanced at the caller ID. Andrea Visconti. 

Usually, I would pick up, but I ignored Andrea's call, letting it go to voicemail as I walked over to the window overlooking the front of La Isla Blanca.

The back left passenger door of a black Range Rover snapped close. Huh. That's strange. I've never seen the car here. It's not registered under any residents of the building. I'd have to call Rodrigo to check.

A thin, older man walked from the door that closed to the driver's seat. He was steady in his steps, alert as he slipped on a pair of aviators and watched the oncoming traffic. He had peppered hair and seemed like the chauffeur type that had gotten accustomed to driving elites to wherever their whims pleased.

A few seconds later, the car took off, going towards Ibiza's docks. I noticed the driver's license was under someone from mainland Spain. Not from Ibiza itself.

A transported car.

Strange, very strange.

✧ ✧ ✧ ✧

i know it's very short. i will post catalina's chapter, which is significantly longer focuses on her side of their separation either later tonight or tomorrow.

hope you all are doing well, angels <33