ten | una propuesta indecente

CHAPTER TEN | spanish |
"an indecent proposal"

NICCOLÒ
♕ ♕ ♕

"You would have never won if I really wanted to." I turned her departing words over in my head, snickering to myself. 

How cute. She thought she could best me.

Since my teenage years, I had gotten the reputation of being a playboy. I always made sure to indulge in my needs. Although, I had never been in love. They were fun nights and mornings and times between the two, but nothing more.

My time as one of my father's underbosses had taught me that love would be complex. I would make sure to give the woman I end up loving my affection, shower her in gifts and compliments, do everything in my power to show her how much I value her, treat her like the Regina she is.

Never anything less.

Yet, I also knew that risk would always linger for her. That danger would lurk around her.

Those were simple principles of the lifestyle I have grown up in, and even more so, now that I have inherited my father's title. It could be luxurious but also filled with violence.

I do not deny that fact.

And I was perfectly content with just having a one-night-stands until my eyes had landed on her. The night my father and I had formed a deal with her family, the Villada family. One of the most influential families in all of Spain, in Europe. Maybe even the world.

Catalina Ardón Villada.

She was only twenty at the time of our first meeting. Yet, she already captivated me with her brains and beauty. She had grown up in the spotlight and had this intrinsic charm about her. Her presence was magnetic. Catalina knew how to take ownership of a room and turn all eyes to her.

Nevertheless, on the night we had first met, I had also discovered there was a distinct sadness that hung around her. Pain that she did her best to conceal, but flickered in her eyes, and could only be discovered by the most watchful eyes.

And it would have been a simple meeting had I not heard more about her. About a year ago, I came across a statement issued by the Villadas.

That Catalina would be living on the island of Ibiza for a few years while she finished her university studies.

It was almost like it was fate. I had been eyeing Ibiza to establish control of the island and solidify my connections in Spain and France by building a base of operations on the notorious party island. 

However, it now also came with the added benefit of seeing the blonde.

"Are you thinking about her?" Andrea said from beside me as a wry grin slid onto the blond man's face as he realized who was on my mind. "Catalina?"

"Sí ,she can be so playful."

"It seems like her." He commented with a dimpled smile as he handed me a manilla folder. It was my report on her activities for the week. I had assigned one of my men to watch her a few weeks after she arrived here.

Opening it, I saw pictures of a boy. Only two years older than her based on the notes next to his photo. 

"What's his connection to Catalina?" I asked, arching a brow.