twelve | morning conversations

First off, Niccolò kept his promises.

Every promise that he had made the day that we were in the pool, he had fulfilled. He had completed them to a tee.

Niccolò wasn't half as bad as sex as I expected him to be.

Okay, that was a lie. I had the feeling Niccolò would be good at sex, but I just hadn't expected him to be that good.

It was kind of amazing how he was.

Slowly, I peeled my eyes open, greeted by his scent and warmth.

Soft rays of morning light trickled in through the curtains.

The first thing I feel is my chin pressed against his bare chest. Shifting my gaze, I see my hand splayed on his shoulder and notice I'm wearing his dress shirt from last night.

The next thing I realized was his left arm was on my back, keeping me close to him.

I vaguely remember his strong arms seizing me and whispering taunts in my ears as he carried me to the bathroom.

I know I brushed my teeth too and used the toilet.

And although not everything is exactly clear, adding everything together, Niccolò and I must've fallen asleep cuddling. Maybe after speaking for a little bit.

My eyes drifted upward to his face. His dark brown eyes are shut, blissfully asleep. Meanwhile, his lips pressed closed as he breathed in and out.

At the sight of him sleeping, I cannot help but feel a fluttering in my lower stomach.

I was sore from last night, delightfully so, but something at the sight of him seeing him so content, so at peace, made me feel a new sense of warmth spike in my stomach.

Anyway, I couldn't have felt any more grateful for the previous night.

But, I should go. I had more than overstayed my time.

Carefully, I freed myself from his grip, moving towards the edge of the bed. I threw my legs over the bedside and got up. I tossed a glance at him and saw him still asleep, his jaw lightly clenching slightly as dark brows furrowed together. Like he was confused.

Had he realized I left his arms?

No, impossible.

I sighed, walking towards the adjoined bathroom. But not before I caught a glimpse of myself in the mirror. The mirror I saw myself in last night. Immediately, I felt my cheeks heat up at the memory of last night.

"This night is all about you."

"So wet for me, and yet I need you stretched out, sì?"

"I want you to see how fucking hot you look as you take me."

"Come for me, Catalina. I want to feel you clench around my cock for me one more final time tonight."

A shudder went down my spine.

Niccolò had a silver tongue. He was able to speak his mind so effortlessly. Gain control of the situation so it would go his way.

No, I needed to get his words out of my head. I needed to brush my teeth, change, and leave. Simple as that.

A few minutes later, I walked out of the bathroom. I had brushed my teeth and washed my face. Now, I just needed to fumble through the room and find my clothes.

Yet, a low creak sounded from the bed. My head snapped in the direction of the noise to find him, sitting up on his side of the king-sized bed, looking at me.