2

"Emani I'm serious! Xavier West is nothing nice! I don't care how fine the muthafucka is

"Emani I'm serious! Xavier West is nothing nice! I don't care how fine the muthafucka is." Sonni shook her head as she forked some lemon pepper salmon alfredo in her mouth.

The duo was in the break room enjoying their lunch like they've been doing for the last three years since they became coworkers. Emani was looking at Sonni laughing as she stood up against the counter. She slurped her spicy chicken tortilla soup whilst taking a seat at the table with Sonni, she placed her bowl on the table and leaned back in the chair.

"Since he's nothing nice, tell me what he did because he got you worked all the way up. You've been raving about this man for two days."

Sonni rolled her eyes and pouted whilst folding her arms across her chest. "I'm being serious E! Xavier is something else and I want no parts. It's the way he look, the way he talks, and that pole that hangs between his legs. Hell it's everything! He's one fine ass killer."

Emani let out a loud laugh before take a sip of her ginger ale. "You wanna talk about me and my comments, but look at you."

Shrugging her shoulders, Sonni forked some more food into her mouth before speaking. "It ain't my fault he look like that and you'd be acting the same way if you seen what I saw. He's the real definition of tall, dark, and handsome with a third leg."

"Bitch!" Emani covered her mouth as she choked on her drink because Sonni definitely caught her off guard with her comment.

Sonni laughed whilst standing from the table. She took one more bite from her pasta before closing the container and sliding it back in her lunch bag. "I'm just telling the truth man, but let me go take these men outside. Gotta be extra observant today because you know how they get when it's some fresh meat."

Emani shook her head in knowing way. "Girl tell me about it. That's exactly why I'm glad I'm on library duty."

"See you at the end of shift." Sonni waved and grabbed her lunch bag and made a quick stop by the locker room before heading to the cells. She popped a piece of gum in her mouth and she was on her way.

The buzzer sounded twice which meant that it was time to go outside. The second buzzer sounded allowing the cells doors to slide open. Sonni and one of her coworkers directed the inmates to get in a single file line as they conducted a head count. Making it to the end of the line, Sonni frowned once she realize she was a number short. She shook her head once she realize who was missing.

"We're missing one Hudson. I'm going upstairs, give me a second." Sonni spoke with her coworker before heading up the stairs taking two at a time.

Making it to the second level, she walked down the walkway and rolled her eyes as she reached cell 12. "West! Get up! It's time to go outside!"

Sonni raised her voice letting the authority be evident. Once she realized he wasn't making his way out, she stepped in shaking her head. West was laying on his back with his shirt off and left hand at the hem of sunrise orange uniform pants. Sonni tilted her head to the side as she stared at his chest. Even though his eyes were closed, she couldn't tell if he was sleep or not.