10

"Yes, Momo, I'm fine

"Yes, Momo, I'm fine. I'm at Sonni's place." Xavier looked down at his chest and shook his head before smiling. Before answering his grandmother's phone call, he was in a slumber. He wanted to ignore that call, but he knew he had to answer for obvious reasons and because he didn't want to wake Sonni.

"Okay, Zai, you be careful and let me know when you're on your way back home and tell my granddaughter I said hey."

"Mo-." Before Zavier could even respond, she hung up to be petty. He let out a laugh and tossed his phone on the coffee table that was in front of him.

"Mhmm." Sonni moved against him before opening her eyes.

She smiled once she realized he was already staring at her. She didn't want to get up because she was enjoying the feeling of being under him, wrapped in his big arms, but she knew she had to get up to put some clothes on.

"Good morning, Sunflower. Did I wake you?" Xavier asked as he ran his hand up and down her back.

"Honestly, no. It was Momo's loud self. I heard her through the receiver."

Xavier laughed, shaking his head. "I'm sorry about her. No matter the time, she's going to be as loud as ever."

"Oh trust, I know first hand now. You should've heard her when I told her they were releasing you. She was praising God one minute and cursing out your grandfather the next." Sonni shook her head as she thought back on their conversation from a few days ago.

"Her old self is a trip and she be giving my Paw a run for his money."

Sonni leaned up against his chest and just let her eyes rake over his face, admiring his facial features. His hair was in a little curly afro, being that it had been about six months since his last cut. She noticed the two little beauty marks that sat under his left eye. She smiled as he looked at her.

"Where's your bathroom, mamas?" Xavier asked as he slid to the edge of the couch, preparing to stand up.

"We can go upstairs to mine. My brother, drunk self broke the toilet down here."

Xavier nodded and stood up from the couch, prompting Sonni to consciously wrap her legs around his torso. She laid her head on his shoulder and ran her finger tips up and down the nape of his neck as they walked upstairs. Upon entering her room, he placed her on her feet and shook his head as she shy'd away from him. He rubbed her chin before letting his long legs take him into her bathroom.

Sonni watched him until the door closed. She moved around the room, grabbing some lounge clothes. She had taken a shower a little right before Xavier showed up, but she wanted to take another one. Sonni threw a Nike Pro bra and short set on her bed, along with some fuzzy socks. She pulled another robe from the back of the closet door and pulled it on.

"Sunflower." Xavier called out from the threshold of the bathroom.

She looked up, noticing the slight bulge in his briefs before putting her eyes on him. Zai chuckled and shook his head. Sonni blushed in embarrassment, knowing she had been caught.