27

Hang all the mistletoeI'm gonna get to know you betterThis ChristmasAnd as we trim the treeHow much fun it's gonna be togetherThis ChristmasThe fireside is blazing bright, woah-oh-ohWe're caroling through the night, woah-oh-ohThis Christmas will b...

I'm gonna get to know you better
This Christmas
And as we trim the tree
How much fun it's gonna be together
This Christmas
The fireside is blazing bright, woah-oh-oh
We're caroling through the night, woah-oh-oh
This Christmas will be
A very special Christmas for me

"This Christmas" by Chris Brown was blaring throughout the West's residence. It was Christmas Eve and Sonni had everybody in the house cleaning up, including Emmie, who was throwing her toys in her boxes as her daddy, Xavier, directed her. Sonni moved around the kitchen, putting fresh cookies into their designated containers. She saw a hand sliding across the counter, so she popped it with the yellow rubber spatula that was in her hand.

"Shit girl!" Xavier exclaimed, as he rubbed his now stinging hand. He mugged his wife, thumping her in the lip with his outstretched long arm.

"Sincere, don't make me mess you up and why you not cleaning up!" Sonni threw a white chocolate chip cookie at him, which he caught in his mouth.

Xavier laughed as he looked at Sonni, who had her mouth wide open in shock from him catching the cookie. He shook his head and walked out of the kitchen, leaving her to her task at hand. Sonni shook her head as she tore off another piece of parchment paper and laid it over the cookie sheet. She then started scooping the snickerdoodle batter into balls and placing them on the cookie sheet. She did that until the sheet was full and the bowl was empty.

Sonni slid the pan into the oven and cleaned up her mess. She washed the dishes and wiped down the counter before leaving the kitchen. She looked at her Apple Watch, nodding her head in satisfaction with the time. In the next hour or so, they would be leaving the house to go pick up one of Zai's Christmas gifts.

"Damnit, Emerie!" Sonni yelled as she walked into the living room, stepping on a toy. She shook her head as she bent over, picking up the toy and throwing it in the purple bin that was in the corner.

"Ma! Can you come here real quick? Pops being a dick!" Jayden yelled, making Sonni bust out laughing. She walked down the stairs to the basement, which was also Xavier's man cave, only to see him throwing punches at Jayden.

"Damn, you ain't have to hit me! Aight! Aight! I'm sorry!" Jay laughed as he dodged and blocked his hits.

Sonni pushed Xavier, making him stumble back while she shielded Jayden behind her. "Not too much on my son now!"

Xavier smacked his lips and started slapping her exposed thighs. "Ain't nobody scared of you or him. He keep on and I'll cut his hair while he sleep."

Jayden smacked his chest. "Touch my hair and watch we box for real. Now move because you distracting me. Done made me forget why I called Ma down here."

Sonni shook her head and laughed while watching them bicker back and forth. They started pushing each other back and forth until Zai slipped and hit the floor.