8

It has been exactly two weeks since Sonni visited West's grandparents, putting us in the month of December

It has been exactly two weeks since Sonni visited West's grandparents, putting us in the month of December. Before Sonni paid a visit to the district attorney's office, she wanted to make sure she had everything together because she didn't want any mishaps. She's been meeting with West's family lawyer for the past two weeks for a practice trial. The lawyer loved the case and thought it was solid. He typed up everything that was needed to keep a paper trail, so there won't be any hiccups.

Now Sonni and the lawyer were on their way to the DA's office to ask for a retrial because of the new evidence that had been found along with two lawsuits; brutality and misconduct, and wrongful imprisonment.

They're hoping they can grant West a bond so he can spend the holidays with his family before another long trial.

After an hour drive, Sonni and the lawyer finally made it to Newark. As they pulled up to the DA's office, they were met with a sea of reporters. Sonni instantly became confused because no one knew about the possibility of West becoming free but a few people. She shook her head, becoming upset because who said something?

The lawyer, Hayden, cursed under his breath as he parked. "How did they find out this fast?"

Sonni shrugged with a frown plastered on her face. "Your guess is just as good as mine."

Hayden killed the engine and climbed out of the all-black Cadillac Escalade, making his way around to the passenger side. He pulled Sonni's door open and grabbed her right hand, helping her step out of the truck. She grabbed the briefcase and fixed her dress before following behind Hayden.

Even though today was a very important day, who said you could not make a fashion statement?

Sonni's thick and toned physique was covered in a one-shoulder black bodycon dress with a slit that showcased her right thick thigh. She was sporting a honey-colored Burberry Heritage Kensington Long Trench Coat with a pair of black heels that she would later regret wearing. And let's not forget the hair. Sonni had a jet black, transparent 26'' frontal wig that she installed herself, flowing down her back. Her accessories of choice consisted of her clear Gucci frames, a gold watch that was a gift from her brother, Saivon, and a pair of diamond studded earrings in her ears.

Being that Hayden was all over the news during the first trial, he was immediately recognized and bombored with questions. He ignored them and took Sonni into his grasp, shielding her because he knew if anything was to happen to her, the Wests would have his head.

"Keep your head down, Sonni." Hayden told her as they continued walking.

Finally making their way inside, Hayden was the one to walk up to the receptionist desk and let her know that they had an appointment with the DA. It didn't take long for them to be escorted to the back.

"DA Morgan, thank you for taking the time out of your day to meet with me. I would like to file a motion to reopen the case, West vs. New Jersey, along with filing two lawsuits for misconduct, brutality, and wrongful imprisonment. " Hayden spoke as he directed Sonni to one of the two chairs that were placed in front of the mahogany desk.