Meeting at the diner

"Hey Y/N, you're back! Want your usual?" Wilt asks as I walk up to the counter.

"Yes please, oh and a pack of batteries, thanks." I say and tap the counter.

He nods and turns to start cooking my food, while I go find some batteries. I walk back to the counter, place the batteries down and take a seat.

"So how's the college going? This is your third year right?" Wilt asks over his shoulder.

"Yeah, well actually it would have been, something happened to my enrollment form. I got here yesterday and was told I wasn't enrolled. I guess I'm just here on vacation, which I probably need anyway and this town is so nice, it'll be good to finally explore this place." I say, my face lighting up as my food is finished right as I finish my sentence.

"I've missed your cooking Wilt. I might have to come here every day for lunch, now that I'll have time." I say taking a bite as he smiles and waves it off.

*ting-a-ling ting*

"Ah, a paying customer!" Wilt chuckles out.

"Hey, I'll pay if you really want me to." I say with food in my mouth.

"Eh, don't be silly." He says patting the counter and turning to the customer who stands next to me. "Now what can I do for you, sir?"

"Uh.., yeah can I just have a chicken sandwich?" The man sounded bored and tired but his voice was smooth and warm. It caught me off guard and I almost choked on my food.

"Coming right up!" Wilt said and went off to make the sandwich.

"Could I sit here?" The man asks. I turn to look at him and nod slowly lightly blushing.

He sits down next to me. He folds his arms and lays his head in his arms on the counter.

I swallow my food and politely ask. "Rough day?"

"Rough week!" He says, his voice muffled.

"Well, I just learnt I travelled all the way here for nothing because the college didn't get my enrollment form. But judging by the way you look and sound you've got it worse." I say. 'And you look and sound cute too.' I think.

"Hmm?" He raises his head and looks at me. "Well I came here to deliver a very expensive piece of art and it got stolen from me. And now my employer wants me to get it back otherwise I'm not getting paid." He flops his head back down.

"Ooh, that is rough." I say and take another bite.

"Here you go, one chicken sandwich!" Wilt says. The man sits up and Wilt places the plate and leaves to do something.

"So, not from around here?" He asks.

"Nah, I come here to study but you know, not this year I guess. I might stay awhile to sightsee since I'm already here." He nods and takes a bite out of his sandwich.

"Oh, I'm Y/N by the way." I say, sticking my hand out to shake.

"Uh, yeah, I'm John Brown but you could call me JB." He says shaking my hand. I nod and turn back to my food.

"Well JB, you should know that the people here are really friendly and if they see you sad they're gonna try and cheer you up." He groans and I chuckle.

"So I better do it first! Have you been to the park yet? It's a great place to clear your head and think about what to do next. I'm heading there soon if you want to come." I say and smile at him.

He smiles back and looks down shaking his head. "Yeah alright, I could use a clear mind. Just let me finish this." He says, I nod and finish my food.

JB finishes his food and pays, as I grab my batteries and thank Wilt for the food, walking towards the door.

*ting-a-ling*

We walk outside and I point down the street. "It's this way, follow me!" I say and we begin walking.

We walk in silence for a bit, just listening to the world outside.

"So... JB, you got a partner? You know a girlfriend? Or, uh, boyfriend? I don't judge." I ask awkwardly.

He chuckles. "Why? Are you interested?"

"W-what? I Uh, n-no, I just.." I stutter.

"I'm just messing with you. Not that I would mind. But no I don't, with my work it's kinda hard to settle down. But hey maybe one day." He says looking down.

"Oh ok.... wait did you just say you wouldn't mind?" I ask shocked as I stop.

He chuckles and rubs his neck turning to me. "Well yeah, I mean, you're cute and nice. Who wouldn't want you attracted to them? Plus I saw how you reacted when I first spoke at the dinner. You are so into me!"

I blush bright red. "I... uh um, well, ah-maybe." I stammer looking down.

He laughs and raps his arm around me, whispering in my ear. "Well then, I'll just have to get you to show me around some more." He leans back and winks at me, I blush harder, smiling.

I laugh slightly. "Y-yeah, maybe."

JB turns and starts walking with his arm around me guiding me forwards.

"Good, well let's get to the park and think of what to do next. Maybe we could go somewhere else together, afterwards." He chuckles.

I smile and nod, walking with a pep in my step.

‐-----------------------------------‐---------------------------------

I really wanted to write something with JB in it but I don't think this one worked out quite well.

I didn't really have any idea of where the story would go when I started it. And I think the beginning with Wilt is too long but all well.

I tried to make it longer but nothing was coming to mind.

Oh and I totally made up JB's name, John Brown, it's (probably) not his actual name.

Anyways if you see spelling/grammar mistakes please tell me. Also if I got anything wrong with the Canon or time period tell me that as well.

Thanks for reading

Bye

Drew X