XXVI. A Surprise Missive

Ian was pushing Emily against the oak door of the dining hall when the servants had been dismissed by him. Then, he claimed her mouth like something that he had been starving for. Emily moaned in the kiss that they shared before she was wounding her arms around his neck and her leg was wrapped around his torso. When Ian was satisfied tasting his wife after a hectic day at the Stone Tower, he released her, touching their forehead together. Emily chuckled softly, licking her lips with her tongue and making his cock jerk at the sight.

Ian groaned. "You're such a wicked lady, my love," he stated as Emily's brown eyes were staring innocently at him. He smirked, knowing that Emily had wrapped him around her little fingers. Then, her wife was pushing him away as she went to the table and looked at the food that the Cook has prepared for their supper. Emily smiled before turning to wait for Ian to pull her chair so that Emily can take her seat. Ian smoothed his silk waistcoat before walking behind the chair, pulling it for his wife. "Allow me, my lady," he said as Emily was nodding at him, taking her seat as Ian pushed the chair inside to seat her properly.

"Thank you, my lord. You're such a gentleman," Emily stated as she was gripping the knife and the fork as Ian was taking his seat. Then, they dug in their supper. Emily sipped some of the wine before she dabbed her mouth. Ian noticed that Emily was taking her time before she addressed him. "Ian, I ran into someone at the market today," she started as Ian was cutting the meat that was cooked to perfection by the Cook. He nodded at his wife.

"Who was it, Emmy? I'm hoping that it was not one of the Higher Court members for they might be trying to ask you to leave me. especially the earl Thomas Rambova. He has something against me," Ian said, looking at his wife whilst eating the meat. Emily rolled her eyes at his dramatics.

"You well know that I will never leave you, Ian. We made the Marriage Vow. Even if I want to leave you for some other lord," Ian's head snapped to her as Emily was smirking, "you know I will never go for I only have my eyes on you, my love. No, I actually ran into Felicity Habiet at the fabric vendor," she said as Ian choked on his wine. Then, he turned to look at his wife, dabbing his mouth with a napkin, his eyes wide.

"Are you okay, my love? Did she harass you? If she did, I have to have a word with her then," Ian declared as his eyes were turning obsidian. Emily chuckled softly as she shook her head. Then, she sighed.

"No, it was actually quite the opposite, Ian. She was asking for my forgiveness today," Emily stated as she was playing with the rim of her wine glass. She knew that Ian thought she was too naïve or too kind to someone that might be taking advantage of her. But she could not change who she was from the inside and even if Felicity felt like she was not going to be her friend anymore afterward, Emily had nothing to lose.

Only a potential friend that she would very much like to keep.

"Oh," her husband said as Emily smiled at him. Then, Ian cleared his throat. "Well, in that case, I hope you know what you're doing, my love. I know that Felicity can be a little bit... tricky but I can assure you that she's a kind woman. Perhaps a little lonely and cunning but surely could use a friend like you, Emmy," Ian said as Emily was looking at her husband. Ian was complimenting her new friend, maybe too friendly by his words. But Emily pushed that thought aside.

But what if Ian was still holding feelings for her? Would that be like inviting trouble into their marriage? Emily thought before she was shaking her head slowly as she was cutting the meat and eating it. Ian did the same as he was smiling at her. Emily smiled genuinely even when her heart was doubting her husband. No, you love him and Ian loves you. You can never doubt the love or the alluring Siren Song will come to haunt you, even more, she thought as Emily nodded at her husband. "Yes, I think she will be a really good friend in the future. I just had that feeling in my gut and I trust it," she said, making Ian smile as they continued to eat their evening supper before they retired to their master bedchamber that night.