XIX. Greetings from Down Under

Emily was smiling happily as she was submerging herself in the lake, the cold water lapped her warm skin as the stars were shining brightly like the fine jewels that one found in Stonelockteco. She sighed before her husband was kissing her naked shoulders.

"What are you thinking about, my love?" Ian said as he was washing her back with a rag Emily sighed before she was leaning back against his chest. It was chilly but being close to her husband brought the fire inside her. Her Demon was happy and contented that she didn't have to ravish Ian again for tonight.

But something else was pulling her to the other side of the lake. She heard someone was singing but Emily thought that it must have been the winds among the trees. The dark forest that was known as Ngis Forest swayed before Emily felt like she had enough of bathing for now. She turned to look at her husband as Ian was arching his eyebrow at her.

"What's wrong?" he asked before Emily smiled.

"I think I like to have supper now," she said, wanting to get out of the water as quickly as possible. Surely she was not the only one that heard the singing that was filling her head right now. Right?

"Oh... okay. Let me get some towels to wrap us," Ian said before he moved to the banks of the lake as he got up. Then, he was helping Emily to climb up the banks. Ian took the fluffy towels that they prepared after their time on the ground for outdoor sex. Ian smirked at the thought.

"What would you like to eat? We got some steaks and fish if you like. I also asked the Cook to prepare some raw chicken if you don't feel like eating—"

"The steaks are good. I would love some medium raw steaks," Emily said, feeling her hair on the nape stand up as if something was watching them. Ian beamed at her.

"Okay! I get that prepared for us then," her husband said, oblivious to the feeling of being watched when he just handed her the chemise to wear before pulling the breeches over his powerful thighs. Then, Ian was making his way toward the campsite that they will be staying for a week. Or if Emily would not say anything about those strange feelings that she was having when they were alone in the lake. Probably just my imagination, she mused before picking her dirty bodice and skirts and following Ian's pursuit.

*****

Her husband really knew the way of the wilds as Ian was making a fire pit that was smokeless. He said that it would not attract the predators that roamed the wilds near Ngis Forest. Emily smiled before she smelled the juicy meat that was being cooked over the spit. She licked her lips as she was drying her hair with towels, lounging around in her nightgown as Ian was wearing his breeches and the ruffled shirt from before. Emily arched her eyebrow at her husband.

"Will you not change before tucking in?" Emily asked as Ian's amber stare was illuminated by the fire. It felt like she was being the prey of a very dangerous predator. But that was before Emily had the chance to be like her husband.

Now, she was as much a predator as her husband was.

Ian smirked. "It will do no good if I have to change a lot of clothes while we're in the wilds. This way, I can minimize the use of clothes that we prepared, and perhaps you would like to go hunting tomorrow with me?" he asked her as Emily perked up. She bit her lower lips.

"You would bring me to go hunting?" she asked him as Ian nodded. She smiled at her husband. Ian arched his eyebrow.

"Why? Don't you usually go hunting with your father or brother before?" he asked and knew instantly that question was striking the nerve that Emily was holding back. She turned her head away from the spit, losing her appetite immediately. Ian rectified the situation. "I'm sorry... I shouldn't have asked that—"