Off x To x The x Hunter's x Exam

Timeskip years later (by human time)....

Holly boarded the ship heading for the Exam site with both Integra and Galahad on each side of her, floating on Chastiefol, a gift from her trainer The Grizzly Sin Harlequin (or King, if you will) in its pillow form as she picked a secluded area of the rooms below the deck.

Sure she received many weird looks from the passengers and some sailors but she could barely care as she had other things on her mind besides these mortals who have zero chance of making through this trip as being on here is but a test before the actual test.

How did Holly know this fact?

Well, the faerie community are notorious for their psychological warfare. They do, after all, make the best lawyers and sometimes even therapists, just to name a few mortal careers that require psychology in the job description. Only a fool would go against a member of the Fair Folk in a battle of wits, Seelie or Unseelie. Especially when the victor will be the Fae.

And Holly herself is considered a scholar in that area, as she didn't spend the last ten years in the court of Oberon and Titania twiddling her thumbs. No, she trained herself both in body and soul through many of the king and queen's subjects before she was given both Oberon's and Titania's blessing to take the Hunter's Exam. And let it be known that was a task on it's own, given how overprotective her supposedly goofball of a father Holly has. Titania was easier to convince, not that the Queen wasn't concerned for her stepdaughter. If anything Titania loved the girl like she was her own, and treated her as such. So no need for the "evil stepmother" trope on Holly's end. And Holly is forever thankful for that. While no one can replace Inko as a mother, Holly can appreciate Titania's taking up the role in her untimely absence. And it was quite amusing to watch Titania keep Oberon in line, especially when they go visit their other "children" in the mortal realm (which is how she met Elias Ainsworth and his now wife, as of not too long ago they were married and made Holly one of the bridesmaids and a godmother for any future children they may have). Especially when Spriggan sic the dogs under the King's and Queen's command on Oberon when he gets carried away. Who would have guessed her dad, the King of the Seelie court, was a genuine masochist? But we digress...

By Fae standards, she is fifteen hundred years old, as time flows differently in the land of Tir Na Nog. But by human standards, she is merely fifteen years old. But she is a powerful person nonetheless. From her vectors to the influence as a Fae and being the daughter of Oberon to learning magic courtesy of Elias and Chise Ainsworth to her occasional demon/monster slaying gigs, she is held in high regard in the mage, slayer, and Fair Folk communities. Also both in smarts and beauty. Puberty was kind to her, despite Holly's claims to otherwise as she feels they attract negative attention to certain "assets" if you catch her drift. She grew her duo-toned hair out, having it styled like one of her demon slayer predecessors Mitsuri Kanroji. She often ties it back in various styles, usually in a ponytail if she doesn't feel like doing a lot of work with it. Her mismatched eyes often change to a deep red when she feels deeply about something, usually anger, indicating that her Moka persona is close to surfacing. They only change to green when Nika is taking over or is influencing her somehow. Sometimes her duo-toned hair changes from the pink and green to a deeper pink, depending on the circumstances given her split personalities and their telltale signs of taking over. Since these changes, coupled with her currently concealed horns, are dead ringers for being found out as a Diclonius, Holly casted a glamour spell on herself to avoid being captured by anyone still hunting her kind. Even though the entries on Diclonius from Inko's journals were old by at least a decade or two, after Holly's close encounter with All For One all those years ago, Holly was not taking any chances of being captured, not until she sees herself through this exam and earn her license, so she can combat those who hunt for her head however she pleases without consequence. Without her, how will she keep all those kids she rescued from their terrible lives safe in her world if she is locked away in the mortal world? Not that a cell could ever hold her given her vectors, but Holly knows better than to get cocky about the matter. After all, her race was a powerful one, until they were being picked off one by one by those disgusting humans and forced to go through those inhumane experiments until they either died by extreme exhaustion or by the designated executioners in their designated prisons. And to think one of Holly's sworn enemies were behind such a genocide was enough to make both her and the Unseelie court mad enough to start another war. Yes, a couple of wars were in fact orchestrated by the Fae, not to mention some other notable members of the supernatural community. Turns out, the American Civil War was mostly comprised of many bloody feuds between vampires and werewolves.  Remember the Black Plague? Yeah, that was the fault of the witch/wizard community having a political spat with the Fair Folk. And did we forget to list the kill count from both of the World Wars? That was a big mess as it involved just about every species of supernaturals and everyone in between, halflings and humans included. And don't get Holly started on the Holocaust and the detention camps the mortals constructed after World War Two. The death counts alone from those was enough to bring out her vectors set to "shred". The less said about that the better. Let's just say the elves on cleaning duty were not happy with Holly for weeks after finding that out. Even as she apologized profusely to them.