twenty eight

as much as i want to stay at home and just drink it all out, i'm needed in my company. i just came back from canada and they need me to report things to them. i'm positive they'd be very happy with the results but i'm actually going to let them know that i'd like to take a rest for probably up to a year and let my brother take over, just until i'm healed from the pain of our relationship.

i haven't even made my way inside my office yet but i'm already crying from the thought of seeing donghyuck. i'd be happy to hear things like he'd want to get back with me and regret things that happened last night but i'm not expecting any of that anymore. we both know we can't suddenly bring back things like how it used to be because of the pain of the words from last night.

i haven't even taken a sleep yet. i can't. my mind is alive. my eyes never stopped crying. my heart never rested from cracking and breaking.

“hey!” jungwoo gave me a wide smile. “how was it?”

him, asking me that, is bringing me back to what happened last night, i mean… it hasn't left my mind at all and of course it is still fresh.

“h-hey! why are you crying?” he panics and gave me a tissue as soon as tears fall from my eyes. i just laughed it off and proceeded to enter my office.

only then, i remembered today is donghyuck's birthday. he is now 23 years old.

if we didn't broke up last night, could today be much more livelier? channie would be craddling my nape and wait for his papa to blow the cake, but in the end he'd blow it himself. donghyuck, and his pretty smiles would appear. i'd give them lots of kisses and finally ask donghyuck to marry me.

what if things went right last night?

“s-sir?”

my breath hitched. that was one word but damn… it hit me like a truck.

“y-yes?” my voice cracked.

“i have one person with me. she's going to be trained by me to be your personal secretary.”

that was so cold, almost as if we don't have anything in between before. it brings me back to the old donghyuck that was just my secretary and nothing more.

a girl appeared behind him and gave me a sweet smile. she's pretty decent and likeable for a secretary.

“good morning mister mark lee,” she bows. “i'm kang mina. please take care of me.”

i nodded and just motioned for her to go around. i'm not in the mood to talk about things considering what happened. my heart is still not fine and everybody can tell that, i'm sure donghyuck can as well.

“u-uh, where will i be staying?” mina smiles as she noticed there was no free space for her. donghyuck already occupied the first table and the few ones around my office were full of papers.

i sighed and just pointed at the chair in front of me. “you can stay here at the moment.”

“t-thank you, sir. but is this really okay?”

i nodded and just neglected her silence after. i occasionally took glance of donghyuck but he wasn't even turning his head to me. he was serious about his job and i wish i could too.

“sir, your meeting starts in a few minutes.” he says and walked towards me. then he made mina stand up and follow him. “we'll be going—”

i sighed and stood up. “leave mina with me.”

“what?”

“leave her with me. you can go first.” i said it again and i knew it built up something inside of him.