001

Rose's POV

"You can't do this to her!" My mother yelled from the living room.

"But Mrs. Kim, it's needed; the Kims need her," I heard the guest answer.

"No! I will never let it!" Mom's voice grew even louder as she said.

"However, Mrs. Kim, we must take her since she will be the last girl to enter Neo University, and she is already of legal ge. You cannot overturn the order of the elites; we must obey them."

"Just accept it, Rosaline. We can't do anything. That's the council members' policy. If we don't follow it, we'll be in trouble as well." my father warned my mother. I sigh.

I'm not sure what they were debating.

When the visitors arrived, I was puzzled. They presented me with an envelope. A letter stating that I was going to attend university was enclosed in the envelope. Neo University.

Neo Universitymwas unfamiliar to me. I was likewise unaware that such a university existed. I have practically memorized and am familiar with all of the universities in the city, so I am unsure which city of SM District Neo University belongs to.

"It's your fault! Our daughter wouldn't be able to attend that university if you hadn't interfered and entered their world!" mo yelled at dad.

I still don't understand anything my mother says. Why are they fighting over the Neo University letter I received?

What is it about that university that my mother is so afraifd of?

"Don't worry Mrs. Kim; Ms Kim is there to keep her safe. Ms. Kim? Our surnames are alike.

"I don't trust her! Despite the fact that she is the representative. I don't trust her, I don't trust the students, I don't trust the school and I don't trust your society!" I frown.

"Rosaline, enough! Whether you like it or not, Rose is going to that school! She'll be safe in there!" It seemed that dad had lost control and acknowledged mom out loud as well.

"Fine! If something tragic happens to our daughter, it's your fault!"

I have no idea what they're talking about...

After the guests had left, Dad called me.

I took a seat in front of them. Dad smiled at me, but Mom was still mad.

"I'm sure you've read the letter from Neo University." Dad started. I nodded.

"Pack your belongings and get ready. They will pick you up tomorrow." Dad said. Why is this happening so quickly.

"But dad, why it is so sudden? Are you sure? Mom didn't agree-"

"I'm sure. Don't asl too many questions, just get ready, okay?" I simply agreed and proceeded to the bedroom.

-

I'm already packing my belongings, just as my father advised. He also allowed me to rest because the trip is taking too long.

Is it really that far away from Neo University?

Never mind, I'll simply do as my father says.

They didn't sell me to that school, right?

-

My father tells me to hurry the next day beause the visitors are already waiting for me.

When I returned from my room, I noticed a woman and man seated on our sofa.

Their appearance astounded me. 

They were beautiful and stunning! But, they're pale...

"Are you ready?" Dad questioned. Even though I wasn't prepared, I just nodded.

I don't have any clue where I'm heading...

I looked for Mom in the living room, but she wasn't there. I sigh. 

"Where is Mom?" I asked my dad.

"She's in the kitchen." I nodded and heading directly into the kitchen.

"Mom" I say. I noticed her sobbing.

"Mom! Why are you crying?" I astonised asked and approached her. She hugged me and shook her head.

"Don't worry, mom is fine. Just be careful there, okay? Your father and I weren't there." Mom reminded me.

"As much as possible, stay in your dorm if you don't have class. Don't go out at night. Lock your doors. Don't let anyone in." I agreed.

"I'll keep that in mind, mom." I said as I moved away from the hug. I smiled and wiped her tears away.

"You too and dad, mom, be careful." She nodded, and I noticed she was reaching into her pocket for something.

She took out a crystal necklace, which I noticed.

"Always wear this, okay? It will protect you." My mother handed me the crystal necklace.

-

I said my goodbyes to my parents and hopped into the car. When I got there, the woman immediatey smiled and looked at me.

"Hello Rose, my name is Ae, and this is Jeno; we're going to Neo University." the woman said.

"I'm sure Taeyong Hyung would be happy to meet you." The man stated.

Not knowing what to say, I just grinned at them.

"Don't be shy, Rose. We don't bite." Ae joked.

"Who is Taeyong?" I inquired.

"The student council president." Ae said.

"Don't worry, he's kind and won't bite, unlike the vice president." I stare at her confused."

"Stop, Ae. You'll scare her." Jeno stated seriously.

"It's fine." I replied. Jeno game me a friendly smile.

"Just a polite reminder, Rose. Stay away from the Jeongs." Ae stared at him right away, which I noticed.

"Don't worry, Rose. The vice president will not harm you as long as the representative is present to defend you." Ae assured.

I have no idea what they're talking about. What exactly are the Jeongs? I was just curious about Taeyong.

Nevermind. 

"However, please keep your distance from your representative as much as possible. The vice president will not appreciate it if you touch or hold the representative.

-

NOTE: Slow Updates since I'm already in college and we all know that college life is difficult. :'<

Any feedback or question, you can drop here:

https://curiouscat.qa/_nanajeong