032

Third Person's POV

"What are we going to do now?" Shin asked Jaehyun in a panic, looking back at Jaehyun and then Rose, who had lost consciousness because of what Jaehyun did.

She is still scared about what happened. All of the happenings are still fresh in her mind. Shin heard Rose's screams and the commotion she was making at the door, so she rushed to her, but when she got there, the screams and noise had stopped.

She attempted to open Rose's door, but it could not open. She yelled Rose's name repeatedly and knocked, but no one answered. Out of fear, she quickly contacted Doyoung. While Shin was trembling over what was going on, she stood still when she heard Rose's voice sound like it was speaking to someone.

She dropped her phone in fear. Who wouldn't be scared if her friend was talking alone and she didn't open the door for her? She tried opening the door again and calling Rose, but it still wouldn't open. Until Doyoung arrived, she seemed confused about why Jaehyun was with him. Jaehyun and Doyoung wasted no time and forced the door open. Shin saw a hand in the mirror, reaching out to Rose. They all became attentive and promptly pushed Rose onto her bed, until Jaehyun approached Rose and removed her memories of what happened.

Shin was confused. She didn't understand what was happening to her friend or why it was happening to Rose. She repeatedly asked the two men with her, but they weren't answering her question.

"Calm yourself, Shin. She won't remember it." Doyoung remarked, looking at Rose and trying to calm his sister down.

"Why do you need to erase her memory? You always do that to her. What is going on? Why don't you want to let me know everything?" Shin said straight away, even though she had no idea what was going on with Rose. She doesn't know why this is happening to her friend. Taeyong didn't give her the right answer.

"You don't need to know Shin. We're just ensuring her safety." Doyoung continued. Shin shook her head. Disagree with Doyoung's answer.

"I need to know Doyoung. Rose's safety depends on it" Shin stated, worried. Jaehyun grasped her arm and tried to calm her down.

"You don't need to know anymore. Come on, let's get out of here," Jaehyun replied simply, pulling Shin away. Shin didn't want to leave, but there was nothing she could do because Jaehyun kept her away inside Rose's room.

After the two left, Doyoung walked toward Rose. He removed the hair that was covering Rose's face. He also took the blanket to cover her. He looked at Rose, who was deep asleep.

He, too, does not understand why this is happening to Rose. Why is her memory always erased? He has no idea why Taeyong did this or why Rose saw the ghost in the mirror.

Yes, Rose saw the ghost in the mirror. The three hidden cities are aware of the ghost in the mirror. It usually happens when you have a mirror in your house, which only humans have. Vampires do not have mirrors since they don't reflect when they use them. Doyoung hadn't expected the ghost in the mirror to appear in front of Rose to manipulate her.

When this ghost in the mirror sees a person, it manipulates them. They absorb their victims' energy and drain it. Only a few individuals survive here. The majority are dead. That's why he was so terrified when he saw Rose approaching the mirror. He couldn't see the hand reaching for Rose, but he knew Shin saw it. Vampires cannot see it because it is only visible to humans. Fortunately, he and Jaehyun had the strength to open the door.

He didn't want to erase Rose's memories, but if he didn't do it, the ghost in the mirror would come back to Rose, and she would remember everything that had happened, which would add to her fear. Rose is already terrified of vampires and all that has happened badly to her throughout her time at university. Another fear is the ghost in the mirror.

Rose opened her eyes and looked around. She got out of bed and, confusedly, observed her surroundings. She had accidentally fallen asleep without realizing it. She didn't even remember what happened. What Jaehyun did to her was successful. She took what Taeyong and Doyoung gave her again and set it aside. She had no idea why she suddenly felt tired. She stopped doing anything and just rested.

It's Friday. Tomorrow is the start of the masquerade ball. Rose took a deep breath as she gazed at the two garments in front of her. The celebration is getting closer, but she is still unsure who she will choose between the two. If she could only choose the two of them, she would have done it, but she couldn't. If she chooses one, she knows the other one she didn't choose will be disappointed. She wasn't sure what to do. She was having a hard time deciding who she should choose.

After a while, she heard a knock at her door. She opened it, and Shin stood in front of her, crying.

"What happened?!" Rose asked Shin, alarmed. She sobbed and embraced Rose tightly.

"Listen to me, Rose... Choose my brother..." she began before breaking free from the embrace. Rose gazed at her, confused.

"What do you mean? Why?" Rose asked Shin. Shin wiped her tears and took Rose's hand. She took a deep breath.

"You can't be with Taeyong. He shouldn't be your date. He's a dangerous guy," Rose frowned. How did Taeyong become a dangerous person?

"How? Is it because he came from a family that has no mercy for people-"

"No, Rose, not because of that." Shin began to cry again.

"If it's not because of that, then what? Did he do something wrong? Did he commit a sin? Did you find out something? What? Please let me know..." Rose asked directly to Shin, but she just shook her head. "He did something bad, Rose, and I can't forgive him for that. I found out something about you and Rosean--"

"What are you doing!? Don't listen to her, Rose. She doesn't know what she's talking about!" Both Shin and Rose were surprised by Jaehyun's sudden arrival.

"What do you mean I don't know?! I know everything, and she needs to know that. She needs to know the truth, Jaehyun! She deserves to know the truth!" Shin exclaimed angrily, trying to free herself from Jaehyun's grip.

"What truth?" Rose is confused by what is happening. She looked at each of them, but Jaehyun simply looked at her coldly.

"We'll talk first. We'll be back." The two vanished in front of her in an instant. Rose was unable to comprehend everything that was happening. She was eager to hear what Shin was saying, but she couldn't do anything because the two went away in front of her.

After a while, the two came back. Jaehyun leaned against the door, while Shin went towards Rose.

"What are you going to say-"

"I'm sorry, Rose, I badly want to tell you right now, but I can't. You will also know everything, Rose. I told him to tell you everything. All I can say now is that... choose my brother, just for your sake." Shin didn't wait for Rose to respond before leaving the room and closing the door. Rose rushed to find them, but they were already gone inside the house. She looked around but could not find the two.

She slammed the door to her room and messed her hair in frustration. Because of what had happened, she had more and more questions. Questions that were never answered by any one of them.

Saturday.

Rose gazed at herself in the mirror. She made a final decision. She has decided that this man will be the one she chooses. She knew someone would be upset, but she had to make a decision. Even if someone is upset or hurt.

"My decision is final; I will choose him," Rose told herself, grabbing the cloak and putting it on. She didn't waste any time and texted the vampire she'd chosen as her date.

'You can pick me up now. Sent.'

She took one last glance at herself in the mirror.

I hope this celebration goes well and that their plan to catch the suspect of killing the vampires will be successful. I hope the student council's plan is successful.

She stepped from the apartment and glanced at the man, who was now leaning against the white car. What she is wearing now matches the attire of the man she has chosen as her date for tonight.

"You look gorgeous tonight, Rose."