10

"I need you to be strong, okay Mina?" My dad tells me smiling as tears fall down his face.

"Where's mommy?" I ask looking around.

I hear him sob so I turn around and hug him. "I'm so sorry, Mina."

"It's okay daddy. Mommy will come back," I give him a big smile.

"You're such a good girl, Mina," he says kissing my forehead. "You know I love you right?"

"I love you too daddy!"

I wake up panting. I look around and see it's still dark. I check the alarm clock on the table. 3:25 am. I guess it was a dream. I don't even remember that. I think I was a kid. I reach up to my face and feel tears soak my cheeks. It's been a couple days Megumi came. I haven't left my room unless it was for food. We don't have any orders until Nanami comes back and he isn't coming back until next week. I slip on my slippers and walk outside my room. The hallway lights are dimmer because it's night. I need some air. I go inside the elevator and go to roof of the building. Gojo said we are under one of Toji's buildings. No one should be here so going outside should be okay. Plus I don't think anyone can recognize me since I look like shit right now. I wait patiently as the elevator goes up. When it gets to the top floor I take the stairs to the roof. The cold air hits my face, blowing my hair back. I wrap my arms around me tighting the sweater grip on me. I sit down on the ledge and look down at the city. Busy cars honk at each other, even though it's 3 am. I can see slight figures walking on the street. The ground is really far down.

"What are you doing?"

I turn my head around and see Toji there, leaning against the door. I turn back around and look down.

"I couldn't sleep," I say lightly.

I hear footsteps approach me and suddenly, Toji picks me up by my armpits and sets me down on the floor. "Don't sit on the ledge, it's dangerous."

"Can you just leave me alone?" I look up at him.

He shakes his head. "No, I can't."

"Why?" I get up and face him.

"I... don't know," he says honestly.

I feel my heart skip a beat at that, but I ignore it. I turn around and look at the view. The stars twinkling in the sky. I feel Toji walk up next to me, looking out, too.

"My wife died several years ago," he says.

I look over at him. "Megumi was just a child, couldn't say all of his abcs yet," he smiles at the memory.

"I was in some dangerous business and no one knew I had a child. I wanted to protect him. Whatever it took. So, I asked Gojo to take him in. I told myself I would cut off all ties with Megumi in order to make it easier for all of us, but I have always felt the need to watch over him. You might not understand my reasons and still think I'm an asshole that left his kid without any blood relatives. But I'd rather him safe and hating me then him in a situation where he could die," Toji finishes, looking down at me.

His eyes are soft again. There's no lie. I know he's not lying. I look away from him and bite my lip. "Sorry."

He stays silent for a moment. "Megumi is much happier with you. I should be thanking you."

I look back at him, surprised. "I mean you've taken care of him since he was a little kid. You raised him. You taught him everything he needs to know," he continues.

I feel a tear fall down my face and I give him a genuine smile. He looks at me, lips parting in surprise. "Thank you, Toji."

He stays silent, then smiles. He wipes away the tear that falls down my face. "You're a big crybaby aren't you?" He teases.

I hit his arm. "Shut up."

(The next week)

"Good to see you Nanami," I say giving him a hug before pulling away.

He smiles softly. "It has been a while."

"How about we all go eat something? I haven't had lunch," I say pulling his arm towards the cafeteria.

Toji follows behind us. We all get our food and eat.

"Where's the blue eyes freak?" Toji asks.

"He said he was going to pick up Megumi from school," I say finishing my burger quickly.

Suddenly, the doors burst open. All three of our heads turn towards the noise. I look and see Gojo with a deadly look in his eyes. His fist clenches and he grits his teeth. No, it can't be...

"They took Megumi."