Chapter 3 - Endings O and P from the Staying Route

...
You walk down a long hallway, Scaramouche still by by your side... Or should you say at your side ?

For, indeed, that man was still holding you ,except he switched from your neck to your hand.
He intertwined your fingers together, and was humming while walking. He looked satisfied.

You hesitate a bit before asking the question burning to get out.
You know what he's capable of.
Should you try anyway ?

You two arrive at a staircase. A very long one.
... You're not feeling like climbing this much right now. Plus, a more serious matter was holding your attention.
What happened to Childe ?
Despite him being annoying, he was still... A good friend. You hope he isn't actually being tortured or anything.

You stop right in front of the first step of the stairs, decided.
You stick your lips together, trying to find the determination you need to engage a conversation with your kidnapper.

- Hm ? What is it ? Do you not like staircases ?

- Huh ?
You didn't expect him to speak first. Maybe you stood silent there a little too long.

I-I mean... It's not completely false, but...
Your heart is pounding-c'mon, you just need to say a few words.

- I can hold you in my arms if you want.

- W... What ?

- Like a princess.
He's furrowing his eyebrows while smiling when he says this.
Your heat skips a beat.
You know what kind of situation this is, but still, hearing your crush telling you such a thing and with such an endearing smile-- you just can't !

But you know, you get it. You have to stay serious.
And while you feel your face reddening, you try your best to regain your composure.

- That's... That's not the problem. I uhm... Wanted to ask you a question.

- Hm ? I'm listening.

- What...
You swallow hard.
What might he do for you asking about him ?
Will he take it the wrong way ? Will he kill him ?
You don't know, but you want to ask anyway. Because your friends matter to you.

What happened to Childe ?
...
There's a short moment of silence that seemed like minutes to you, and then, you can hear Scaramouche's laughter.

... Scaramouche's laughter ?
You look up at him, only to find him happily sighing.

- Darling, darling, darling... You're such an idiot. Do you not know what the scumbags daring to even look at my precious little MC deserve ?
You're looking at him with big eyes.
Dis he just say you were an idiot, and then say you were precious ?
... that was too much.
You're as scared for Childe as you're happy of how much you seem to be worth to him.
What's wrong with you ?
You can almost hear Paimon scolding you in your head.
Your mind still go blank.
And since you're not saying anything -again-, Scaramouche takes that a positive answer of his question from earlier and takes you in his arms, the way a hero holds a princess.

- H-Huh ?

You don't know what to do-- try to get down ? He's never gonna let you.

Then, stay until he gets at the top of the stairs ?! ... No way ! But... Then what should you do ?

You feel so embarrassed by the situation that you put both of your hands on your face to cover it, and Scaramouche seems to find this reaction cute, judging by his laughter.

Then, your 'hero' -more like the villain- starts climbing these endless stairs.

No, but they're really endless.