three

three - talk

——

ariana. the girl was the one thing on my mind while i was shelving books. the girl had yet to come in to talk and my shift ended in half an hour. i sorta hoped she would come after so we would have more than 10 minutes to talk.

i don't think i've ever thought about a girl so hard before in my life. yeah, i've had crushes, and this wasn't a crush, but no matter what i did, i could't get her out of my head.

the sound of her laugh rung in my ears, the sight of her smile and her beautiful brown eyes staring up at me. i'd never really put much thought into the girl. i did know who she was, obviously, but i never really noticed her, you know.

i was extremely surprised when she asked me if we could talk about paper towns sometime. we had never talked to each other ever and she wanted to see me again. my lips quirked at the thought.

just from the one day i had been more aware of the girl, i had noticed how beautiful and kind she was. the way she dressed was so flattering and they way she did her eyeliner was amazing. ariana treated people like they were all equal and she wanted to make everyone happy. she was like a little ball of sunshine and you never knew when she was going to explode.

with ariana running laps around my brain, my shift ended, and still no sign of the girl. i sighed and rolled the cart away to the back room. once i placed it with the other carts, i took my apron off and grabbed my jean jacket and put it on.

i left the back room and made sure to clock out before making my way to the entrance to leave. just as i was pushing the door to exit, i heard someone call out my name.

"y/n!" i turned around and my eyes landed on the petite italian heading towards me. i took some time to admire her before she was next to me.

she was wearing the same outfit from earlier and her makeup was done the same, but her hair was now tied up in a ponytail showcasing her gorgeous face.

"ariana, hey." i breathed out when she stopped in front of me. she was even more beautiful up close.

"i'm sorry i'm so late. were you about to leave?" ariana questioned, her eyebrows cutely furrowing.

"uh—yeah. i kinda thought you weren't coming, but you're here now. um, do you maybe wanna go to the coffee shop next door and we could talk there?" i pointed behind me, out the door and to the coffee shop.

ariana smiled at me, "yeah, of course."

"cool." i muttered and began to walk out the door again. i held the door for her and she whispered a quick thank you and we were on our way to the shop.

——

"so, you said paper towns was one of your favorites?" ariana asked me once we took a seat with our drinks.

i nodded. "yeah. i read it in 8th grade and pretty much fell in love with it." ariana placed her head into her open palm and tilted her head at me.

"why?" she questioned. i looked at her, confused. "why did you fall in love with it? i'll answer if you do." she reiterated.