Chapter Three

*Marissa's POV*

Sweet cheeks. That saying bubbled in my head all day. I remember giving him his phone back and seeing his sleeve. No, not his shirt sleeve. His tattoo sleeve on his lower arm. I am not a big fan of tattoos, but his was nice.

- - - - -

When my shift was over, I got in my car and drove home to find my mom in the grass with a beer bottle in her hand. This wasn't like her. I could hear her mumbling something, but I couldn't make it out.

I got out and tried picking her up, when my phone buzzed in my back pocket. I left it alone until I got my mom settled in bed.

-From: 361-596-8432

Hey! It's me! Sorry I didn't text earlier.

-To: 631-596-8432

Oh Hey. It's cool. I have a question.

-From: 631-596-8432

And what is that?

-To: 361-596-8432

What's your name?

*Kian's POV*

Nice going duffus. You didn't tell her your name. Creep.

-To: Marissa

Oh yeah...lol. My name is Kian.

-From: Marissa

Lol, cool name. Btw, nice sleeve

I smiled and looked at the clock. 11:23 PM. Mmm. Not bad. I looked back down to see one more message from Marissa:

-From: Marissa

Hey, um, I gtg. Kind of in the middle of something.

-To: Marissa

Oh, okay. Np.Talk to you later, then. Bye

I clicked it off and went downstairs. Jc and Joseph were eating a sandwhich, so I decided to join them and make my own.

"What's up?" Joseph spoke up.

"Nothing much."

"Nothing much?" Jc questioned.

"Uh, yeah."

"You got over her easily," Joseph said under his breath.

"I never said that," I said, annoyed.

"Okay, chill, guys," Jc commented, trying to calm us down, before any tension came into the room.

I took another bite and heard a knock at the door. "I'll get it," I mumbled with food in my mouth. I got out of the bar stool and walked towards out wooden door to the perfect person...Andrea.

"Babe, please," she cried. I was done with her and her choices, it makes me sick. Her mascara and hair was wet from the pouring rain. I didn't care.

"Look, you wasted your time comming over here, I can't forgive you anymore. This is the THIRD time, Andrea!" I yelled back. She was bawling her eyes out.

"I know, Ki-" she tried to continue, but stopped at the buzzing of my phone. I knew it was Marissa. I wanted to let her know how it feels, so I took my phone out and smiled at the message. "Wha- who is that?!" she demanded.

"Someone," I teased.

"Kian!" She snatched my phone from me. "From: Marissa- K, Bye." She started tearing up again. "What the hell! You moved on so quickly!"

"Not as fast as you! Moving on from person to person every moment you have!"

"At least Kenny cares for me, and gives me the attention I deserve!"

"And every time I had the chance, you apparently had to go with the girls somewhere you 'promised'! We all know the only promise you kept was to stay away from and closer to Kenny!"

"Ugh, I am so glad I don't have deal with you anymore!" she yelled as she threw my phone at me and ran to her car.

I snorted and turned around to Jc looking at me as if I was an alien. "Ooooohhh, whose 'Marissa'?" he said in the most annoying voice ever.

"Someone I met at Academy. No big deal."

"No big deal?" He grabbed my phone and read our messages. That totally didn't make me upset at all. "Bro, the okay hands sign?' he laughed and put his hnds on his head in amazement.

"Shutup. I didn't add her contact, she did." I laughed under my breath.

"No way! Kian Lawley let a girl have his phone for more than a second? Unbelieveable!" he said sarcastically. His hands dramatically over his face.

I punched him and went to my room.

"SOMEONE HAS A CRUSH! SOME-" Jc repeatly yelled until I shut my door. He can be very annoying when it comes to any girl I talk to.

I changed until I was in nothing but my boxers. Best feeling ever before bed.

"So what of I do?" I mumbled to myself, smiling.