[𝟎𝟑] 𝐓𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐞'𝐬 𝐚 𝐟𝐢𝐫𝐬𝐭 𝐭𝐢𝐦𝐞 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐫𝐲𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐠.

A/N: this is for @MayoTheDayo
I hope it's not too caca- pls spare me it's 7 am I haven't slept yet—
Edit: yeah I found a slightly decent title.
Enjoy. :)

⊱ ────── ஓ๑♡๑ஓ ────── ⊰

It was on a beautiful afternoon where Lily and Jean unfortunately had to work. It was not planned, they were going on a family pick-nick together with their daughter, Marie, but now they were stuck at home, stressing and not knowing what to do exactly. That also meant they had to leave their daughter with someone.

Lily was looking for babysitters, but her overprotective husband, Jean, continuously disagreed and tried to convince her of not getting a babysitter and to just call up a friend instead.

"No, no and no. We're not going to bother Ernest who's already overwhelmed enough with work. Also impossible for Colette, it's her exam period, same for Gaston. Now you may be thinking Marcel and Fernand, but that's also a big no-no. Marcel already had trouble taking care of his little brother and Fernand is an only child, he was never taught how to do that," Lily went on, as Jean was thinking intensely, trying to process everything the black haired woman said.

"We could always let them try," the brown haired man finally said. "They're smart enough to know how to be careful, I'm sure nothing will happen to Marie if we let her with them," he added. Lily sighed and they finally came to an agreement.

Lily stood up towards the dresser in their living room, her fingers wrapping around the telephone. Her other hand tapped in Fernand's number. She picked up the telephone and put it next to her ear, absently listening to the ringing as she waited for her friend to pick up.

After exactly three rings, Fernand picked up on the other side of the line.

"Hallo?" His accent often stood out more every time he would pick up the phone, everyone caught onto that. It was quite soothing, to say the least.
"Hey, Fernand! It's Lily! How are you doing?" The woman greeted, she heard a small 'oh' on the other side of the line as she said her name.
"Hello Lily! I'm doing fine, and you?" Fernand asked in return.
"I'm good, I'm good. How's Marcel doing?"
"He's good, he's currently out shopping for groceries, he'll be back any time soon."

As Lily and Fernand held a small talk, Jean checked his watch every now and then, calling after Lily to tell her they have to go soon. She turned around and nodded as she went straight to the point with Fernand right after that.

"Say, Fernand, I wanted to ask you a favor," she said.
"Oh, sure! Go on," Fernand said.
"Is it possible for you and Marcel to come and babysit Marie until the early evening?"

A silence followed. It was quickly broken with Fernand's nervous response, "Lily. . .As much as we'd love to, you know we're not good with kids and we don't want anything bad to happen due to our inexperienced selves-"

"You guys are the only ones available, I know you aren't the best with kids, but please, give it a try, and it would be nice to know that she's at least with people we know while Jean and I are at work. We wouldn't be asking this if it wasn't for the sudden call from work we each had!" Lily explained.

"Oh, okay, I understand! Well, uh, Marcel just arrived and we'll be here in ten minutes," Fernand calmly answered. A hint of nervousness could still be heard in his voice, but it was faint, Lily did not really notice it.

"Great! Thank you so much! We'll be waiting for you!"
"You're welcome! See you," Fernand answered before hanging up.

Lily put down the telephone before turning to Jean. "It's settled, they're coming," she began, "do we have enough time left to wait until the two arrive?" Jean checked his watch and quickly answered, "we have twenty minutes, will that be enough?" The woman nodded at that, insinuating that it's enough time.
Jean stood up and approached Lily, wrapping his arms around her in the process. She hugged him back, smiling to herself before asking, "Are you okay?" Jean chuckled, and softly answered, "Yeah, I just want a hug."