[𝟎𝟕] 𝐏𝐚𝐫𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐢𝐧𝐠.

A/N: MayoDayo's request, pretty short and a bit rushed and I'm really sorry and I'll most likely heavily edit this later—

Nonetheless, I hope it's still readable—

⊱ ────── ஓ๑♡๑ஓ ────── ⊰

Being a parent was easier said than done. Lily and Jean learned that the hard way. Lily had recently given birth to a beautiful little girl, naming her Marie. And here they were, having to adapt to an entirely new sleep schedule because of waking up multiple times through the middle of the night to the baby's cries.

But it wasn't the worst experience. Far from it, actually. They enjoyed learning new things, and the couple managed to adapt pretty quickly to the new lifestyle.

"Jean, could you change Marie's diaper please?" Lily yelled from the kitchen. Jean looked up from his newspaper, yelling, "Uh- sure!" in return. The brunette folded his newspaper and rested it on the coffee table, before standing up to go upstairs to the baby's room.

Marie's room was almost entirely purple themed; if not for the white furniture like the crib, the changing table and the drawer. The walls were painted in a lavender purple, white flowers painted on them in addition. The room had a big window as well, that let a lot of sunlight in.

Jean entered the room, seeing Marie in the crib — as expected, unless she suddenly gained the ability to walk at a few days old or something — as he walked over to the newborn, whom was widely awake, playing with a small pig-shaped plushie she received as a present from Colette.

"Good evening sweetheart, wide awake I see?" The brunette chuckled, picking up his daughter as he laid her on the changing table, grabbing a new pair of diapers from the package that lay next to the table.

The clean diaper was laid next to Marie, as Jean slowly went to undo the dirty diaper that the newborn wore.

Then the smell hit.

Very much intoxicating, Jean had to cut off his breath as he removed the diaper, folding it as he held it with the tip of his fingers by the border of the cloth. Quickly throwing it in the garbage can, he grabbed the new diaper and wrapped Marie in it, sighing in relief as he got the work done.

After bringing Marie with him downstairs, and seeing Lily had already set the table, along with the food, Jean placed his daughter in her baby seat, sitting down next to her.

Lily came back with a bottle of wine in one hand, and a carton of orange juice in the other, placing them on the table.

They started to eat, and Jean wanted to be the one to feed Marie.

Taking the spoon, and scooping a bit of apple compot from the little girl's plate, he held it in front of her mouth, but she turned her head away in disgust.

Jean looked at her hesitantly, before trying out the plane technique.

Didn't work either.

"I'll do it," Lily said, lightly chuckling. She took the spoon from her husband, and did the same thing he did— the plane technique.

"Here comes the train! Say 'ahh'" She cooed, a soft smile still on her face. The little girl opened her mouth, receiving the food in her mouth as she eagerly swallowed it. There was a bit on her chin, and Jean wiped it off with a tissue.

The evening slowly passed on to the night, and Marie was put in her crib to sleep; of course that wouldn't happen if Jean didn't read her a bedtime story.

When he noticed that she fell asleep, Jean gently placed a kiss on the newborn's forehead, before laying the book on the drawer and silently leaving the room. He was finally able to rest now.

Only for a few hours though.

Because in the middle of the night, Marie started crying again. Lily tiredly sat up, before leaving the room, making her way towards Marie's room.

"Sweetie, it's okay," she muttered, taking the newborn in her arms and cradling her. After breastfeeding her in addition, she placed a now sleeping Marie back in her crib, covering her up before leaving the room.

She could finally rest again.

That cycle repeated itself a lot, but Lily and Jean adapted themselves quickly, and they did not mind it at all.

Taking care of a child wasn't as tiring as some others made it out to be, after all.
(Personally I disagree -🦋☁️🪐)

Except for the diaper part. Yeah, that one's a bummer.

⊱ ────── ஓ๑♡๑ஓ ────── ⊰