[𝟎𝟔] 𝐎𝐭𝐭𝐨 & 𝐉𝐞𝐚𝐧𝐧𝐞.

A/N: this is for @Yellowfang112233 who suggested a Jeanne and Otto fic :). This takes place after the war. It's a little rushed but I hope that it's still readable and maybe enjoyable 😭

⊱ ────── ஓ๑♡๑ஓ ────── ⊰

𝟷𝟿𝟺𝟾, 𝙶𝚛𝚊𝚗𝚐𝚎𝚟𝚒𝚕𝚕𝚎, 𝙵𝚛𝚊𝚗𝚌𝚎|

The aftermath of the war had a huge effect on them.

But they managed to get back on their feet fairly quickly.

The farm was doing better than ever now; three years after the end of the war, and with Otto being here to help, Jeanne had to the opportunity to put her mind at ease now from time to time, knowing someone was there to help her, and the kids could focus more on their school work instead of always trying to manage school life with farm life.

"Good morning, Liebe," Otto greeted, as he crept up behind Jeanne and wrapped his arms around her waist, hiding his face in the crook of her neck. Letting out a chuckle, the ginger haired woman dropped her dishes in the sink and slightly turned her head as she smiled to her lover, greeting him back.

Jeanne had never felt this happy; the death of her ex-husband has had a huge effect on her, and her sons, especially Pierre and Marcel. Gaston had to grow up with the sorrow of not having a father figure, but it was better than having it be combined with the grief of losing one.

But now, Otto was here, and he was more than perfect. A great father figure to the kids, check. A great lover, check. A kind person in general, check.

"So, what are you up to today?" Jeanne asked, "well, besides working on the farm with me," she quickly added, chuckling.

She could feel the German smile, "Well, nothing much, really, I guess we'll see what today has in store for us."

Today was Saturday, so the worry of getting the (younger) kids at school early was very much absent.

"Good morning," the couple heard the greeting echo from the stairs, the voice recognizable as Pierre's. "Good morning, Pierre," said Otto. The ginger male let a small smile creep up to his face, seeing as his mother seemed genuinely happy to be around Otto. Then so be it.

Pierre made his way towards the dining table. And as Jeanne was about to pick up the dishes again, Otto insisted on doing it instead and to let her rest. The woman sat at the table and let out a sigh of relief.

When the two younger sons finally made their way downstairs, the family could get ready to eat breakfast together.

They usually ate in silence, but this time Marcel was the one to break it. For once.
"Hey, uh, mom, can I go meet up with Ernest and Jean this afternoon? We kind of wanted to hang out and see that new restaurant that opened here in town."

Jeanne looked up at her son, and replied, "sure, just be back before eleven, that's al."

"Oh yeah, mom, I also wanted to ask—"

"Yes, Gaston, you can go see Colette, be back before eight." Jeanne could hear Otto lightly chuckle at the interaction, which brought a soft smile to her face.

"Why do I have to get home earlier!?" The youngest yelled, getting a smack on the back of his head from Marcel.

"Because you're the youngest, and you're not even an adult yet, dumbass," the latter explained.

"Language, Marcel," Jeanne sternly stated. The male quickly shut himself up.

⊱ ────── {⋆⌘⋆} ────── ⊰

With the younger sons already out with their friends, and Pierre working outside, Otto and Jeanne could finally have some alone time, again.

"Finally, some peace, those little demons are away, for now," Jeanne joked. The German let out a laugh, nodding his head in agreement.

"I haven't felt this happy in such a long time. And at peace too," said the ginger haired woman, a seemingly tired tone sticking to her vocal chords. Otto looked at her, a gentle expression tracing his features.

"I'm glad that you're happy. You deserve to feel happy and at peace. You're the bravest, strongest woman I've ever met in my life. I mean, dealing with three little demons is already a proof of that," Otto chuckled at the last part. Jeanne smiled at the statement, her face blooming in a soft shade of red.

They were still sitting at the dining table, as Otto stood up to go sit right next to his wife. As he settled, he gave her a quick peck on the cheek as he wrapped his arm around the woman's shoulders,string her rest her head on his shoulder.

"I love you, Otto."

"I love you too, Jeanne."

A long, peaceful and comfortable silence followed after that.

⊱ ────── ஓ๑♡๑ஓ ────── ⊰