Chapter 2

Two and a half hours later we arrive at the ranch, and mama drives up the long, straight dirt driveway. She parks next to granpa's red Dodge Ram, shuts off the engine, and then we quickly climb out. We haven't even shut the doors of her truck before granpa and nanma are out of the house, rushing toward us with shouts of joy.

"My babies!" nanma hollers as she rushes down the wooden steps to grab mama into a tight hug while granpa takes the steps at a slightly slower pace.

"Hi my boys!" granpa warmly greets as he pulls Kolton and I into his massive chest for a tight hug which we return.

"Hi granpa," Kolton and I reply as we both snuggle into his chest as I hold Wynter's leash in my left hand.

"Let me at my boys, Andy!" nanma excitdly demands from behind him, and he lets go of us to move aside to hug mama.

"Hi nanma," we greet as we hug her gently.

"Hello my boys!" she chirps as she tightens her hold on his while kissing us on the cheeks.

"Emily, let them breath," granpa chuckles a few minutes later.

Nanma backs away but keeps a hand on our arms with a gentle squeeze; "I can't help myself, I'm just so happy the three of them are here!"

"We are too, mama," mama replies with a soft smile at her mama.

"Why don't we head inside, so we can have lunch," granpa suggests with a wide smile. "Bring your bags with you, and after lunch we will get everyone settled."

Grabbing out bags from the bed of the truck, we follow them inside the house, leaving our bags by the front door. Following nanma and granpa into the kitchen, my steps falter slightly at the sight of one of the three people in the kitchen.

The man who has caught my attention is beautiful - he is around 6 feet tall, has dark brown hair that looks black, deep chocolate colored eyes, a rich tan, and from how his dark blue shirt hugs his upper body, he is muscular.

"Okay, introduction time," granpa says clapping his hands together once with a huge smile. "This is our daughter Lyndsy, and our grandson's, Kolton and Kalen."

Granpa gestures at Kolton and then me as he says our names before he introduces us to their three ranch hands; "This is Beau Knight, Dallas McCoy, and Cassidy Wade."

Beautiful man's name is Beau, so he has an equally beautiful name to match his beauty.

"What is the dog's name, and what is the stuff on her harness for?" Cassidy asks as she steps toward me and Wynter.

"She is my service dog, and her name is Wynter," I answer quickly. "Please don't touch her."

Cassidy stops a foot away from us with a frown; "Why not since she is your pet, too, isn't she?"

"Wynter is his pet when the harness is off, but she is his service dog first, which means no touching her when the harness is on," mama answers for me.

"Let's eat before the food gets cold," granpa says cutting off any further questions about the subject.

Everyone sits around the table with me sitting in between Kolton and mama, and Wynter is lying across my feet. The three ranch hands sit across from us with Beau directly across from me, and my grandparents are at the ends of the table.

"Lyndsy, when do you ship out?" nanma asks as everyone digs into their hamburgars with french fries.

"In eight days," mama replies after swallowing her bite.

Nanma and granpa frown with sad eyes as granpa says; "Well, we better make the best of the week then."

Conversation flows throughout the meal, but I remain silent as it is too nosey for me. I think I need to have the volume adjusted on hearing aids. I'm starting to get a headach, and I hate when this happens.

"Kalen, are you alright?" nanma asks worridly drawing me from my thoughts.

Snapping my attention to her, I nod; "Yeah, I'm just getting a slight headach is all."

Take your hearing aids out," mama says, so I nod as I stand to head into the bathroom with Wynter.

Once done I head toward the front door where our bags are so I can grab the case for the hearing aids before rejoining everyone at the table.

Beau's P.O.V. 

Ever since Kalen entered the house, I have been trying not to stare at him - he is fucking beautiful! I know him and Kolton are identical twins, but they have enough phyisical differences that make it easy to tell them apart. Kalen oozes innocence which is appealing.

I wonder what condition he has that causes him to need a service dog, and his dog is beautiful, too. During lunch he is quiet while the rest of us talk about random topics, and I notice him wincing every now and then as if he is in pain.

"Kalen, are you alright?" Ms. Emily asks worridly while she focuses on him.

Snapping my attention from her to him as he answers her softly in an almost musical voice; "Yeah, I'm just getting a slight headach is all."

"Take your hearing aids out," Lyndsy tells him, and he gets up with a nod, and he takes Wynter with him as he heads towards the bathroom to do this before returing a few minutes later looking relieved.

Huh, so he is deaf, but his speech is perfect, as if he has heard his entire life instead of silence.

When he notices my gaze, he gives me a small, weak smile before saying; "I am deaf, and I had speach therapy when I was a child, and I still attend once a week to keep up on it."

Silently nodding since I am not sure if he can read my lips, and really I do not know how to answer this anyway. Lunch finishes, everyone helps clear the table, and clean the kitchen before Mr. Andrew, Dallas, Cassidy, and I head outside to do our chores while Ms. Emily helps settle the three guests into their rooms.