Chapter 11

"You look handsome, Beau," I compliment him with a shy smile and blush.

"So do you, Kalen," he returns as he holds the rose out toward me. "This is for you - a beautiful rose for an equally beautiful man."

Taking the flower carefully with a fond smile, I bring it to my nose to inhale the sweetest fragrance with my eyes shut - this way always makes the smell intense, and I love it.

"Thank you, Beau," I murmur, opening my eyes to meet his sparkling brown eyes that pop under his hat.

"You're welcome," he answers with a grin as he holds his right hand out toward me. "Shall we?"

Beaming brightly at him, I take his hand with a small nod in reply as I place my hand in his. I pull the door shut behind Wynter and I as we walk toward his truck, and he opens the passenger door for me with a cheesy grin and a slight bow at the waist.

Giggling at this, I sit down with a whispered 'thank you' before he shuts the door, walks around the hood of his black Dodge Ram truck after he let Wynter inside the back seat. Once he's settled on his seat, he starts the engine, and begins to drive us toward wherever our destination is located.

"I hope you're hungry?" he asks over the softly playing classical music, which I really enjoy.

"Yes, I'm very hungry," I answer as I stare at his strong profile, and it just reenforces his handsomness.

"Good. I hope you like pizza as I'm taking us to a fantastic pizza place," he assures, and I agree quickly to this. "So, what toppings do you like?"

"Um, I like everything but anchovies," I answer without thought, and I hope he doesn't like anchovies. "What about you?"

"I hate anchovies, so I'm glad you don't either," he grins glancing at me quickly before focusingon the road again. "I like everything else, too, soa pizza with everything but anchovies, right?"

"That works for me," I say as I totally wonder what I did to deserve this beautiful man in front of me.

We arrive two minutes later, he parks, turns the engine off, and we climb out with me letting Wynter out of the back seat. Beau takes my right hand in his left as I hold Wynter's leash in my other hand, and we head inside the restaurant. The inside is homey and feels inviting and warm, and I can't help the smile that forms.

"This place feels homey and inviting," I murmur to Beau like it is a secret.

"It does, and that is one of the reasons I love coming here, and the food is amazing," he answers with a knowing smile.

Beau's P.O.V.

Macy leads us to an intamte table for two, hands us the menus after we sit with a smile as Kalen and I sit across from each other.

"Enjoy boys," she says before walking away to the counter to check out a leaving customer.

"What are you getting to drink?" I ask Kalen as neither of us touch a menu since we already know what food we are getting.

"I'm going to have a coke with no ice, how about you?" he replies as he plays with the salt shaker with his fingers.

"Um, a lemonade," I answer as that is my weakness.

We order our drinks and a large pizza with everything but anchovies, and we talk while we wait for our order, and while we eat when the order arrives about fifteen minutes later.

"What's your favorite movie?" I ask before taking a bite.

He swallows his food before answering; "Um, 'Save The Last Dance'. Who is your favorite actor or actress?"

"My favorite actor is Harry Styles, and my favorite actress is Julia Stiles," I tell him with a smirk.

"Harry Styles is a musican, isn't he, and Julia Stiles is fantastic?" he cheerfuly asks with a curious tilt of his head.

"Harry Styles is a muscians, but he has done movies while he as in One Direction, he was in Taylor Swift's documentary, three movies that have released thus far, and two more that are to be released in the next year or so," I answer with tinted cheeks because I sound like a nerd.

"I didn't know that," Kalen whispers, more to himself than me, I think, but that's okay. "I would really like to see anything he is in."

"Then we are gonna do that," I answer seriously, and his dazeling smile errupts my belly in butterflies.

"I would really enjoy that, thank you," Kalen murmurs with a tiny smile of appreciation.

"Awesome! How about tomorrow night we meet in my room after dinner to watch a movie or two?" I suggest, eager to share movies I truly enjoy with Kalen, and I secretly want to hold him in my arms without it seeming like I'm trying to hard.

"That's a date! We need popcorn and drinks," he eagerly answers, and I can see him thinking hard on something related to us watching movies together in my room.

Finishing our pizza, I pay the bill despite his protests on paying his share, and I have to inform him that because I invited him on this date, I pay for everything. Kalen slowly nods as he gently chews on his plump lower lip, and that is sexy because he isn't trying to be sexy.

"Thank you," Kalen murmurs over the soft classical music that is playing, and his tone melts my insides to mush.

When we reach the truck, Kalen surprises me when he places his danty hands on my shoulders, stands on his tip toes, and to gently kiss my cheek. He settles back flat on his feet, with dark pink cheeks, and I have to cup his face with my hands, to lean down and kiss me lightly on the mouth for several seconds before pulling back to look at his closed eyes, and dazed face. Kalen pops his eyes open with daziling eyes. He smirks as he snakes his right hand around the back of my neck to pull me back down for a longer, deeper kiss that leaves both of us breathless.

We climb in the truck once Wynter is settled in the back seat, and he drives us to another location while we hold hands. He takes us to outdoor paintball! This has been by far the best day I have had in a long time! When we arrive home, I tell him this, too, and he quickly agrees with a good night kiss.