Chapter 10

"Hey Kalen, can I, uh, talk with you for a few minutes, please?" Beau asks the next afternoon.

He looks apprehensive and I truly hope that this isn't because of me.

"Sure, we can talk in my room if you would like?" I suggest, and he quickly nods in agreement.

We head toward my bedroom with Wynter following, and I leave the door partially shut in case anyone has any objection to us being alone together in a room which they shouldn't, and for privacy. I sit on the middle of the bed, my legs criss-crossed under me with Wynter jumping up onto the bed to like next to me. Beau sits on the desk chair after he turns it to face me.

"What's up, Beau?" I ask when he is silent for a few tense minutes.

"I, uh, I was wondering if I can take you on a date?" he fumbles out with flushed cheeks.

My entire body erupts in a crimson blush as now it's my turn to stumble out; "Why, uh, me? I mean, why someone like me who is broken?"

"You're not broken, Kalen," he instantly replies with a soft smile. "You are a wonderful person, who is kind, gentle, sweet, absolutly adorable, and oh so sexy without even trying, and so much more."

Ducking my head for several seconds as I sort through my thoughts before picking my head up to look into Beau's anxious eyes; "I'd love too!"

He instantly grins as he launches himself from his chair to pull me off the bed into his arms for a tight hug; "Thank you, Kalen!"

"So, how am I to dress?" I ask as we pull apart a minute later.

"Um, comfortable and warm," he answers with a cheeky grin. "Please be ready 5:30 tonight."

"Okay on both," I say with an exicited grin as my mind races with the possiblities of where we are going, and what to wear.

"Can I know where we're going?" I ask though I'm sure he won't tell me.

I give him my best pout with fluttering eyelashes, but Beau just chuckles with a shake of his head; "Nope. Where we are going is a surprise, and so is what we are doing."

"Dang," I mutter to myself as Beau lets out a loud belly laugh which causes me to laugh, too.

"I'll see you in a few hours, handsome," Beau says as he pulls into another tight hug that last too short for my liking, but I won't admit this out loud.

Grabbing my cell to check the time, and it's already 2 p.m., and I call Wynter to my side, and we head out so I can find my twin, and our grandparents. I need to let them know of my date. Man, I am so damn lucky, even if I'm not sure how I caught Beau's attention! Since no one is currently in the house. I head outside for the horse barn where I find everyone either in the barn or the corral with the horses.

Stopping next to Kolton, I tell him quietly; "Beau's taking me on a date tonight, and we're leaving at 5:30."

"Oh really now?" he snickers with a raised right eyebrow before wiggling both of his eyebrows suggestivly.

"I hope you are not giving Kalen a hard time about his and Beau's date?" Dallas comments as he saunters over to us with a curious expression. "You know, since we are going on our own date tonight, too?"

My jaw drops at his revelation, so I decide to tease Kolton; "So, you're gonna give me a hard time when you have your own date with this hunk of a cowboy?"

"Not me, I would never do that to my dear, sweet twin," he replies in a fake, innocent voice with a devilish voice.

"You are a menace, my dear twin," I giggle as I give him a mischevious grin, and a side hug for a moment before taking a step to the side.

"Where are you taking Kolton?" I ask Dallas curiously as I move over to the stall where Tru is to pat her snout fondly.

"We are leaving at 5 p.m., and where we are going is a surprise," Dallas answers with a smirk and a wink at Kolton's irritated face.

Giggling softly, I tease Kolton with; "Haha, at least you are in the same boat as me."

He sticks his tongue out at me with a smile; "Shush you. Have you told nanma and granpa yet?"

"Nope. I'm out here to tell you and them," I reply as I give Tru a final pat on the snout.

Kolton nods as I move to tell our grandparents as he and Dallas talk quietly. Reaching our grandparents, I turn my head back slightly toward Kolton and Dallas to find them sharing a deep kiss, so I turn back to give them their privacy with a blush. I tell nanma and granpa about the date, to which they brightly smile, and share a knowing look which I raise my left eyebrow at, but don't comment.

At 4:30 p.m., I head inside the house to shower, shave the peach fuzz from my face, comb my hair, and brush my teeth before dressing in a pair of fleece lined light blue jeans, a long sleeve white shirt, black socks, and black combat boots. Spraying myself with some CK One before deciding I am ready for whatever happens. Exiting the bedroom with Wynter next to me, we head to the living room to see if Beau is there, but only nanma and Cassidy are causing me to frown.

"What is the matte, Kal?" nanma worridly asks noticing my frown.

"I was just looking for Beau, and I was hoping he was in here," I answer, my thoughts getting the better of me, and that Beau has changed his mind about the date.

"He will show on time, Kalen, so don't worry about him not showing," Cassidy giggles cryptically.

There is a knock on the front door making me frown, but nanma and Cassidy don't seem fazed by this. Neither move to answer the door, but look expectintly at me, so I I head to the door to ansewr it.

Opening the door, I am startled to find Beau standing on the front porch with a single white rose in his right hand, and a sheepish smile on his plump lips. He is wearing his cowboy hats and boots, red and black plaid flannel shirt that is open at his pecks which is tucked into his pair of light denim jeans.

Yum!