Chapter 1

"Your Papa is supposed to be back today," Katsuki happily says to his now nine-month-old daughter.

Biologically, the little girl is technically Katsuki's sister, but, unfortunately, her birth marked Bakugou Mitsuki's death. The older woman had known the risks when she found out that she was pregnant, so she made arrangements with her son to make sure the little girl would be taken care of knowing that Masaru wouldn't be able to handle her death. As she expected, the man made it exactly one month before his depression claimed him.

Katsuki has mellowed out since high school. His friends all claim that it's his marriage to Eijiro, but it's really just because he finally has somewhere to vent his frustrations. Villains don't need to know that he was extra brutal because Deku pissed him off, they just take whatever punishment they're given because they have no choice. He hopes that his own calmer persona prevents Kasumi from ending up like he was. He knows from personal experience what not to do with her as her parent.

The pair of father and daughter sit through the whole day waiting for Eijiro to get home. Katsuki has had something that he's wanted to get to tell his husband for the past 2 weeks, but he chose to wait for him to get home to tell him, but he hasn't gotten home yet. Even after putting the little girl to bed and putting her special shirt in the wash, to put on her again the next day, Katsuki continues to sit up and wait. Eijiro should be home any minute now. He promised that he'd be home today. He said so on their call the day prior.

Two weeks go by with the blonde hero and his daughter sitting at home waiting. It's not like the man could go to work anyways. He had to put in that he won't be on patrols for a while two weeks before the day Eijiro was supposed to get home. Katsuki has called Eijiro's phone every day since he was supposed to get back, but not once has the phone been picked up, not even by a stranger. He just wants something. He needs to know something about his husband's whereabouts, something, anything.

Katsuki's cell phone starts ringing, and he rushes to answer it without even looking at the caller ID. "Shitty Hair, is that you?"

"I don't know who Shitty Hair is," the unfamiliar voice on the other end of the phone says. "Is this Bakugou Katsuki?"

Katsuki's excited voice deflates. "Yes. What the fuck do you want with me?"

"This is the American Hero Commission. We're calling to tell you that your husband has gone missing."

If Katsuki wasn't already sitting, his legs would have given out on him. "No," he basically whispers into the line. Eijiro can't be missing. He was supposed to be home two weeks ago. With a shaky voice, he continues. "No, Eijiro can't be... He can't be missing. Red Riot never breaks his promises. He said he'd be home."

Katsuki hates the fact that he's crying. He hates the fact that his emotions are out on full display like the "girl" he was born as. If only he didn't have to temporarily stop taking his hormones because of the news he was excited to tell Eijiro about.

"We're sorry, Mr. Bakugou," the woman on the other side of the line says. "We'll send the things he brought with him back to you, and we'll keep you informed if we find anything about his whereabouts."

With a barely audible whisper, Katsuki simply says, "Find him," before hanging up the phone.

Katsuki's hand slowly drifts to his stomach. "I need him here. How am I supposed to do this alone?"