Chapter 23

Antonio's POV

I am reaching for my towel when I hear someone's light footsteps nearing. I quickly tie it around my waist and step out of the tub. I make sure to make noise as I walk to the stool where my clothes is and the stepping stops and instead I hear a knock at the door.
"Occupied." I call out.
"My apologies Sir ." I hear a timid hesitant voice say behind the door which I am very familiar now with.
"No need to stress John, I can simply dress in my study." I say opening the door holding my gathered clothes and boots as the hallway coolness hits my bare chest and back.
Giselle's POV
I gulp. I don't know why, but I am suddenly very nervous. Alright, I'm trying to lie to myself, he is handsome and I cannot handle it that is why. I make sure to keep my embarrassed gaze on the wooden floor and my battered boots.
"No need Sir, I can wait." I say still not looking at him.
"Don't move." He says gently getting closer and I can't help but freeze in place. What is he doing?
He is still dripping a bit from his shower and smells of clean soap and no I did not inhale but he was that close. My heart sped and he reached and gently tucked a wavy stray strand back into my cap. He then let me go and backed away, I was relieved and disappointed at the same time.
"Th-thank you." I stuttered, my face flushed.
"Of course." He smiled oblivious to my internal freaking out.
"I should probably just get it cut." I admit. His face changed in surprise.
"But I love your hair." He said a bit disappointed making me flush at the compliment.
"Thank you, but it is true. I am already risking a lot and the last thing I need is for my face to look more feminine with my long hair." I say.
He looks like he wants to say something, but thinks better and doesn't.
"I'll wash this." He simply says taking the bundle out of my arms and backing back into the washrooms closing the door.
I make a slight surprised squeak noise that I really hope he did not hear.
Never mind, I heard him chuckle. He definitley heard. I sigh.
Fernando's POV
I was so rude to Giselle and I feel horrible about it yet I feel that if I go to her to apologize, bringing it up will only make it worse. I throw another rope over my shoulder and wipe my brow as I continue to climb the sail ladder.
"Why so glum chum?" I turn and see David looking at me in a concerned but gentle smile.
"It's been a long day." I say back with a tired smile and he pats me on the back as he returns to his work.
"David!" Someone shouts up from the deck below and we both look down to see Peter. David suddenly flushes.
"I-I'll be right back." He says beginning to hastily climb down the ropes.
"Where are you going?" I ask curiously.
"I promised to meet up with Peter today." He said already a great deal down, man he was being fast, he and Peter must be close mates.
"See you later then." I call and return to my complicated knot tying. I look up and blink against the bright mid-day sun to see several seagulls fly overhead. Birds mean land is not all too far away.
-------------------------------------------------------------
Hola:) hope you all enjoyed! I will definitley be updating a lot more frequently. Ciao!
Xoxo
- Jorgey