Chapter Eleven

It has been a month of the boring same stuff. Wake up, work, lesson, wait until everyone is out of the washroom, take a bath, go to sleep, and repeat.

After work I head to Antonio's for my daily lesson.

Today's lesson was simple and quiet, he just taught and I listened, no extra talking. I was kind of embarrassed that I was in desperate need of a shower, my last shower had been like last week.

After leaving, he assigned me a page of a grammar book he let me borrow. I then bid farewell and rushed out.

I stopped at my barrack and took some clean clothes and my bar of soap. I then checked that no one was in the washrooms and went in making sure I kept my towel close to the tub as I filled it with chilly water. I undressed and went in quickly washing myself. The washrooms are in the very back section of the boat, away from the barracks so I decided to sing. I mean why not? It's soothing.

I decide to sing a lullaby I remember my mum used to sing to me. Just as I was getting into it I hear a noise by the entrance and freeze. I quickly scramble out of the tub, wrapping the towel around me.

"Who is there?" I hear a young male voice call in.Oh my talking pigeons.

I grab my clothes and start to look for a hiding spot. I begin to quickly tiptoe around the tub.

"Stop!" I suddenly hear someone like 5feet away from me call out and I instinctively turn around mortified.

It's Antonio.

"Who are you?" he asks bewildered.

"Who are YOU?" I ask back trying to sound convincing, I almost forget that I don't have to fake my guy voice since he can tell I'm a girl.

"Where did you came from?" he asks me. I don't answer.

He looks at me closely then his eyes widen in realization, shock, and utter disbelief.

"J-John?! Is that you??" he cries out, jaw dropping. My eyes widen in fear and shock. he's good.

"Who-who is this John you speak of?" I asked.

"Impossible..." he muttered as his eyes searched the floor.

"What is..?"

"Be honest with me...Are you John?" he asked looking at me. I couldn't find words all of a sudden.

"You are! I can't believe it! John I a girl? You're a girl??" he asked in shock. at this point there was no denying, lying would be futile.

"Yes, yes I am." I say looking down and wrapping the towel tighter around me.

He then begins to fire questions which I answer truthfully.

"Can I just change real quick?" I ask a bit awkwardly as he thinks of other questions.

"Oh my! where are my manners and morals? of course! I will be outside." he replied quickly exiting the washroom and leaving me to finally change.

After I change, he invites me to return to his study, which I decide to decline.

"It is quite late, I can answer your questions tomorrow during my lessons." I reply.

"Fair enough. Good night Jo-I mean uhh..."

"Giselle, my name is Giselle, pleasure to meet you." I say with a small smile.

He smiles and kisses the back of my hand.

"The pleasure is all mine." he replies with a charming smile.

"Good night." I say.

"Good night." he responds. And we part until the next morning.