Chapter five

I had walked out into the hallway wondering about what I could do as day work. I'm pretty sure Ill get stuck doing chores either way, so might as well just sign up for the ones that aren't all that bad.

I went to the kitchen trying to find someone that seemed at least a bit nice.It was all very awkward just standing there as workers set up and cleaned, occasionally giving you weird glances.

I saw a chubby man cleaning out a stove and shouting out orders. I figured that if I wanted to get a job, he'd be the one to get it from.

"Excuse me sir, do you gentlemen need any help here?" I asked tapping his shoulder. He turned around surprised. Oops.

He looked at me closely.

"Well I believe we can keep ye busy cleaning dishes, mopping, sweeping, and doing other ninny chores if that's what you are up for." he told me honestly.

" I would not mind sir, someone will have to do those things, so it might as well be me." I told him,

"Strong spirit I see..i like ye, now what did you say your name was again?" he asked me.

"I did not, my name is John Perry sir, brother of Esteban who is in the rigger and defense working areas." I told him.

"Well, my name is Gustavo, I am the head cook here and let me tell you, I can make any ratty ship ingredients a gourmet food." he told me proudly kissing his fingertips.I liked him already.

"I can't wait to try." I complimented. He smiled at me.

"I guess ye could start tomorrow morning with serving plates and distributing at breakfast then help the one who is in charge of the dishes or clean the place up."

"Thank you." I thanked him and left the kitchen.

I guess more duties tomorrow, I thought to myself and went to my barrack.

I entered the room and kicked my shoes off as I settles myself into the hammock.

I then drifted off into a deep slumber.