Chapter 15- It overflowed

My throat burns. 

My eyes overflow with seeming to be tears. 

My hands tremble. 

My legs shake. 

Sae lets go of the collar of my shirt. 

''I-....''  

Sae's bedroom door flies open, causing her to gasp and jump away from me. 

Her Mother's figure appears through her door. 

''Yeogiseo museun iri ireonago issneunga!?'' (What is going on up here!?) 

Sae fidgets with her hands and glances over at me. 

''Edengua naneun sumbakkokjireul hago isseossda, eomma.'' (Eden and I were playing hide and seek, mama.) 

Sae's mother raises an eyebrow and shakes her head. 

''Hajiman, rachethans gohameul deureossseupnida!'' (But, But, I heard racket- and yelling!)

Sae proposes a fake smile and looks back at me. 

''Annie, eomma, geunyang game.'' (No, Mama, just the game.) 

I nod awkwardly and stare down at my feet. 

''Um, Eden! It's getting late. You should leave now.'' 

Sae rushes, picking up my backpack and shoving it at me as she grabs my hand and runs with me out her bedroom door, down the small stairs, and outside. 

''I need you to fix what you did Eden. Please. For the sake of us all. Here,'' 

She digs into her sweatpants' pockets and pulls out a small black phone. 

''I stole this. It seems to be working- I know you use your Mother's second phone or something. Call- or whatever that distant messaging stuff is. If anything goes wrong.'' 

I nod awkwardly as she pulls me in for a hug, wrapping her arms around my waist as I wrap my arms over her shoulders. 

''We're all going to be okay. As long as you fix it,'' 

She whispers, pulling away from me. 

I nod and exit myself away from her, running all the way over to my house. 

Running.