Part 42-

TOLD IN ZINNIA'S PERSPECTIVE

I gasp as I hear a loud thud coming from the back of my bed as I continue to try to get the black paint off with a whole list of cleaning objects that I got from the bathroom.

I glance over to my bed quickly.

My eyes slowly look over to the backside of my bed; Widening as I watch a slowly standing up figure wince and lock eyes with me.

Eden.

I drop a metal cleaning sponge as my breath shudders.

Eden smiles a little as she wipes a tear off her cheek.

''Eden- I-''

I look away from her sadly as she limps towards me.

I notice her clothes are covered in stained blood as she looks over at me.

''What happened- to you?''

She looks down at her hands in surprise like she wanted me to greet her with a hug.

''Zinnia, I'm so sorry- that I couldn't make it to the Diner. Something happened- to me- I had to deal with my non-human father who tortured me like crazy, Inside this barrier called the division that I have been living in for years ever since I was 13 and you know, really bad shit happened to me when I was 13, I broke a barrier in my town that lead to my Father and all these other souls gaining the power to like- Make everything disappear and then something else happened and now 5 years later, my father now is still conquering and making everything else disappear- and now he's taking over your town, he tortured me- And-''

She stops to take a breath as I just stand there with my eyes widened.

''You've been... Hiding this? From me? All this fucking time? Is that what you're expected!? For me to stay with you all this fucking time and hide all that shit- From me!? Are you fucking insane, Eden!?''

I can see it in her face that she regretted what she said to me just now.

I feel bad for yelling at her.

But this- I have a right to.

''Zia, I just wanted to apologize! I'm sorry, I really am! I shouldn't have left you hanging like that, I didn't want to ruin our relationship because of-''

''Well, Guess fucking what!? You did ruin our relationship! You did! You, by hiding this fucking secret from me! It's not right, it's not fucking right!''

She steps back with tears in her eyes.

''But- I was- Tortured... I would have told you..''

I push her away from me and grab onto her shoulders.

''You fucking liar. Get away from me.''

A tear drops down my cheek as she shakes her head and her voice breaks.

''No... Zinnia... Please! I can't have someone else- I can't have you leave me! Please!''

I ignore her pleas.

Don't do it, Zia. Don't-

''Get away from me. Now. Please..''

She shakes her head and hugs me.

Tightly.

Like she will never let go.

''No- Zia, No!''

She pleads into my shoulder as she feels my hands remove her arms off my shoulders.

''No, Zinnia, Stop! Please! Stop!''

I back her away from me as tears flood down her face.

''Please! Please!''

I shake my head and look down at my boots.

''Why should I be with someone- You. Who causes- me- Pain?''

This is not what I want to say.

This is not what I want to do.

So why am I doing this to myself?

Why am I doing this to her?

I turn away from her as I hear her cry.

Scream.

I blur it out of my ears as a hear her scream fading.

No.

I have to hug her.

I have to reassure her.

That it's okay.

I can't do this to her!

I turn around frantically.

And she's not there.

Eden's not here.

''No... I'M SORRY! EDEN! COME BACK!''

No.

I shouldn't have acted like that!

Why am I just noticing this- This now!?

''EDEN! EDEN!''

I get down on my knees and continue to scream her name.

No. No. No. No. WHY DID I FUCKING DO THAT!?

I bury my head into my hands and sob.

Until I look behind me when I hear a pounding footstep.