Part 61

17-YEAR-OLD SAE 

''Keep going. Put more force!'' 

Whoosh! 

''Again.'' 

Slash. 

''Again.'' 

Slash. Crack. Whoosh. 

''Again!'' 

''ARGGGAHH!''

*Ding, Ding, Ding, Ding.* 

I gasp with tiredness and fall to the floor. 

I spit out a drop of blood and shake my head, staring down at my bloody knuckles. 

''Let's face it, Sae. You can't punch. To fight, you have to know to punch.'' 

''Bullshit.'' 

I raise my head up at Father. 

(At the age of 17, Sae called Eden's Father (Which really isn't her father,) Her father, Because he has always treated her like a daughter to him.) 

''Don't say it's bullshit. It's defense.'' 

I scoff and blow a piece of my hair out of my eyes. Fuck this! Fuck punching! I use weapons. Guns. Knives. Not shitty pieces of meat. 

I breathe heavily and stand up, catching my breath and looking up at the bloodied barrier wall. 

''I can't do it.'' 

I spit out, looking back at Father. 

''Why not?'' 

''I can't punch. Fuck it all! You know I make and use every single one of my guns, knives! I make every single god damn weapon I use! So why the fuck do I have to learn how to punch!?'' 

Father levitates over to me. 

''Because, Sae, One day, you are going to fight someone who uses no weapons. And, you'll stand no chance against them, anyone, if you don't have your weapons. You'll just die.'' 

I scoff and look away. 

''Eden.'' 

I spit out, with anger inside of my eyes. 

''What about her?'' 

''You're talking about Eden. I know I have to fight her... Haha...And she'll fucking lose.'' 

I smile widely until Father grabs my chin and cracks my neck towards his face. 

''Ouch! Haha! That-'' 

''Don't you dare say her name. She's my business. Never yours.'' 

My smile fades. 

''Wacha mean? Do you think I'm going to beat her ass? Because that's true.'' 

Father growls and grits his teeth together. 

''Eden's stronger than you. She will be. She, I can tell, will knock all your stupid weapons out of your hands-'' 

''My weapons aren't stupid!-'' 

''She will beat you up. Until you can't even hear. Or breathe. She'll regret it all. But you would still be dead. DEAD!'' 

My eyes fill with anger.

''She'll never be stronger than me. She's not capable.'' 

Father pushes me away from him. 

''Neither are you, Sae.'' 

He then glitches and disappears away from me. 

Her. Her. IT'S ALWAYS ABOUT HER!