Chapter 18

Eric's POV
I feel like punching myself. How could I let her go like that? I was completely off my guard.
Alice's captors killed three patrolmen on there way out, and two on their way in.
One had two circular holes in his neck.
Vampires.
Right now the pack is assembling a rescue mission, but I am heartbroken. Did they kill her, hurt her, torture her?
I cannot reach into her conscience as before, all I hit is a wall.
In the two days she has been gone, I have broken three leather punching bags. I feel like I am slowly being ripped apart, knowing my mate will probably get hurt.
"Alpha Eric" says a crisp voice. I look up to see my secretary, who brought me out of my contemplation.
"Yes?"
"The rescue team is ready"
"Good, I'm going with them"
"Sir, I won't allow you to do that. It is too dangerous"
I stood up slowly, towering over her. I could feel her uncomfort as I use my Alpha tone.
"Sheila, you are not going to stop me from finding my mate."
The Alpha tone always came easily to me, and I know it works because a shiver runs down her back.
"Of course sir. I will notify the team"
"That would be ideal"
----------------------------------------
3 hours later...
We are climbing through the sewars under Vampire Council. We each have a handgun, but shifting is our main weapon.
"We are directly under the council hall" says my Beta, Luke.
"All right. Three, two, one, go go go!"
We push open the manhole and chaos breaks out. My calculations were incorrect. We are in the dining hall.
Screams erupt as pale men, women, and children jump up from their seats in surprise. Women clutch their children, and with great clouds of smoke, the children fly away as bats.
With the innocents out of the way, a woman approaches us with her head held high.
"What do you want?" she asks, but a tremor betrays her voice.
"We mean no harm." I say. "We only wish to rescue our Luna"
"I don't understand"
"YOUR PEOPLE" I say, raising my voice as I get angrier. "KIDNAPPED MY MATE AND FUTURE LUNA"
"I don't know what you mean, no one captured anyone"
Suddenly I hear a blade being unsheathed. I swerve around, but I only see a blur of vamp speed. When I turn around, I see a tall, unfamiliar vampire holding a knife to the woman's throat.
"No" I yell, but it is too late.
The woman's body falls to the ground, a wide cut in her throat gushing blood as she gasps.
At this the dining hall erupts into an extreme chaos as I have never seen before.
"Take them to the council room" says a Councilman.
Guards wrench my head up before I know what is happening, centimeters from breaking my neck. I see the same phenomenon occurring all around me, with my friends as the subjects.
"I told you" says a cold voice. It's owner is a tall vampire with slicked black hair.
"Bravery is his fatal fault"
----------------------------------------
I pace as far as my chains allow. My Beta and two of my pack members are sitting or lying down.
We have been here for days, according to Ray's watch, Ray being one of my fellow conspirators.
I am constantly on edge because I can very faintly smell my mate. I can't reach her, which is driving me insane
He is pacing, and sometimes I am so nervous I shift.
Which surprises the crap out of Ray.
"You're coming with me" says a high voice, coming from the mouth of a tall, skinny man who is flanked by a broad man and woman.
I growled and he growled back. Great. A rogue werewolf.