Chapter 42: Red String

Though the Kunpeng had some dislike of Chu Yu, he gave up on eating the fish after finding out that he was friends with Fu Li. A little yao who couldn't even maintain his human form upon seeing him actually dared to recklessly wander about outside. It seemed that the times were indeed different.

"Forget it, forget it. I'll give you this face," The Kunpeng didn't snatch the ugly fish in Fu Li's hands that dared not even move. "You said you'll take me to eat mala crayfish the other time, when are we going?"

He had started planning for this upon discovering Fu Li's qi. However, to not look overly anxious, he had waited in his room for ten minutes before heading up to find Fu Li.

"Let's go now?" Seeing the Kunpeng nod repeatedly, Fu Li placed Chu Yu into the bathroom sink and even kindly filled half the sink with water for him. "Chu Yu, I'll bring the Kunpeng out for a meal. You can go out after we leave."

Chu Yu flapped his tail weakly. Flipping over onto his belly, he allowed himself to float on the water.

After Fu Li and the Kunpeng left, he hastily jumped out of the bathroom sink, changed into his human form, and spat multiple times in succession to get all the water in his mouth out. He usually detested soaking in tap water due to the taste of bleach.

Although it wasn't yet the peak period for meals, there were already many customers seated in the crayfish shop Fu Li chose. Everyone sat in twos and threes, drinking beer and tucking into crayfish. The humming of the air-conditioner didn't dispel everyone's enthusiasm.

The crayfish was served. Not afraid of being scalded, the Kunpeng picked one up and threw it in his mouth before nodding. "The taste is indeed quite good, although it's a bit too small." When he went back, he would fish up some large sea prawns and let the humans prepare them the same way.

If he had known that there were so many delicious things in the human world, he wouldn't have eaten the humans but locked them all up to cook for him.

Several lively youngsters were seated at the table adjacent to theirs. Despite the fact that they were eating crayfish, they were enthusiastically discussing whether abalone and bird's nest tasted good. In the end, they concluded that the important thing was not the taste, but their inability to afford them.

"Ai, do you still remember the passage <Carefree Wandering> in our high school textbook?" A girl took a sip of her drink. "I think that sort of fish might taste good."

Upon hearing the title <Carefree Wandering> , Fu Li instinctively felt that these humans were about to cause trouble.

"You mean the Kunpeng?" A glasses-wearing boy with acne chuckled. "There is a fish in the Northernmost Ocean called the Kun. With the Kun's enormous size, it can't be stewed in one pot. When it transforms into a bird, its name is the Peng. Given the Peng's enormous size, it'll need two grills – one for the secret recipe, and one for mala. Who knows? It might really be delicious. And there'll even be enough for many people to eat."

The Kunpeng who was chewing on crayfish pricked up his ears. What was this??? He didn't intend on eating humans, yet the humans wanted to take action against him?

The dignity of Kunpeng daren could not be sullied by insignificant humans!

He slapped the table and decided on the spot that he would change into the Peng and swallow these ignorant humans.

"Daren," Fu Li grabbed the Kunpeng's arm, bringing his impulse to change into bird form under control. He pointed towards the mostly-consumed crayfish on the table and spoke in a low voice, "It is a minor thing to eat these few ignorant humans, but if it were to get out and cause a ruckus, you would not be able to eat human culinary delicacies in the future. These ignorant humans can only live a hundred years and have never even gotten a glimpse of daren's formidable figure, which is why they dare to crack such jokes. Considering that the humans invented these culinary delicacies, let it be."