Chapter 51: Shen

An employee of the management bureau's internet communications team took notice of this piece of news on the internet. The employee spoke to their colleague, "The weather bureau seems to have also been scolded by netizens the other time for not announcing the sudden downpour in the southern region?"

"Weren't they pitted by the dragon clan at that time?" The colleague was combing the internet for various supernatural incidents. All sorts of supernatural occurrences would frequently circulate on the internet, so their communications department had to keep a lookout at all times. If there was really a yao or ghost creating trouble, their department would then have to respond swiftly. In reality, however, there was basically not a single true rumor among a hundred of such supernatural rumors.

Certain youngsters nowadays would summon ghosts for fun out of boredom. If their summons didn't succeed, they would disdain the lack of stimulation. But if they were to really summon an evil ghost, the stimulation might be so intense that they would lose even their lives. The communications department comprised entirely of human cultivators. Their cultivation was just so-so, but their expertise in computer operations and in handling public opinion emergencies on the internet meant that they were also the bureau's technical staff. Even the upkeep for the cultivation world's forum was done by them.

"Didn't something happen last night? A ghost cultivator friend called me in the middle of the night saying that the Ghost Market closed midway due to an emergency," The employee looked at a video online depicting something that looked suspiciously like a dragon absorbing water. "Did you guys join in the fun yesterday night?"

"It's the same old thing every year at the Ghost Market, what fun is there?" The colleague sneezed. "Look at the time, there's still no news from the higher-ups. Even if something happened, it wasn't major."

"Oh, monitoring online activity?" Zhang Ke stood behind the two people. Seeing the short video on the computer of a dragon inhaling water, he smiled. "Isn't this a cyclone at sea? These netizens really know how to guess, they even cooked up the appearance of a real dragon and said that they're identical."

With the speed and altitude at which dragons flew, they wouldn't be visible to the naked eye even if a dragon really had been present. What's more, the current rules were extremely strict. Anyone in the sky who dared to not conceal themselves with a barrier would receive a pile of penalties the next day.

"Zhang ge," The two employees instantly straightened. "What are you here for?"

"I took a video yesterday night. Touch it up and do a bit of editing. You'll be creating an educational piece for the cultivation world," Zhang Ke passed a video-recording stone to the two of them. "You guys can take a look first."

The two people inserted the video-recording stone into a notch and the images it contained were automatically transferred to the computer. Upon clicking open the video, they saw a sky filled with black wind, flying sand, and tumbling rocks. The strange creature that subsequently appeared in the video left the two people drenched in cold sweat.

Was this the thing that barged into the Ghost Market last night?

"Zhang Ke, what is this?"

"Oujiang," Zhang Ke patted the two people on the shoulder. "Trouble you to remember to edit the video in a way that showcases the intensity and hot-bloodedness. A close-up of Oujiang's bitter end must also be shown from all angles. Let everyone in the cultivation world understand the result of recklessly doing evil."

What a miserable end this strange creature called Oujiang had; even in death, it was used as a bad example to educate the entire cultivation world. Even the ancient, famed great yao Zhuyan hadn't received such treatment.