Chapter Two

It’s been exactly a week since I met James, and my god, what a week it’s been! It’s been Christmas, my little sister Tess’ birthday, and James and I haven’t stopped texting each other all week, which I think has annoyed my family quite a bit, seeing as I hardly ever put my phone down nowadays. Ah well, they’ll have to deal with it!

I haven’t even told Sophie about what happened with James; she’d either be extremely pissed off, or wouldn’t believe me, so it’s really not worth the aggro.

Incoming call – James Arthur

I smirk and hold the phone up against my ear.

“OH MY GOD! JAMES ARTHUR! IS THAT REALLY YOU?!” I scream down the phone, making him chuckle.

“No, sorry, you must have the wrong number...” he replies, making me giggle.

“OH MY GOSH IT IS YOU! I’M YOUR BIGGEST FAN AND I LOVE YOU SO MUCH! OH MY GOD REPRODUCE WITH ME PLEASE YOU SEXY MAN!” I yell, and pretend to gasp for breath.

“Okay Holly, you pretending to be a fan girl is you basically just shouting your desires down the phone to me.” He says, and I can tell that he’s smirking, clearly pleased with himself. I roll my eyes, even though he can’t see.

“You wish Mr. Arthur! You’re too boring and innocent for me, sorry – I need a man like Bieber to spice up my life!” I joke, and I hear him chuckle at the other end of the line.

“You think I’m boring and innocent, eh? Well then, I’ll be at yours in five, get ready for the ride of your life!” he tells me, which kinda shocks me.

“Okay, firstly, it’s 11pm – I’m in my pyjamas and I have no make-up on! Secondly, I will certainly not be riding you tonight Mr Arthur!” I reply, and a loud laugh escapes his mouth.

“Perfect, and hm, I never said that type of ride Hol – that’s just you and your dirty mind. I’m almost there – meet me outside." He orders me, so I sigh.

“But James-” I begin, but he interrupts me.

“Oh, but if you do fancy riding me, all you gotta do is ask, ‘cause that’s clearly what you want, right? See ya!” he says, and hangs up, not giving me chance to reply.

I shake my head at him and draw back my curtains, at the sudden noise of a vehicle outside. I look and see James has now stepped out of the large car, and is staring up at my window. He winks at me, before striding up towards my door. Shit. My parents will freak out if they find out I know James, and they’ll be pissed off with me for the next few months for keeping such a big secret from them – Eugh.

I quickly grab a pair of leggings, my London hoodie, and a pair of black vans out of my wardrobe and run down the stairs with them in my hands, not bothering to pick up my phone – I won’t really need it.

I run towards the front door and quickly push down the handle.

“I’m going out! Bye!” I scream, and open the front door, before my parents can stop me from leaving.

“Wait! Where are you going?!” I hear my mum ask, but I ignore her, and step outside, quickly closing the door behind me. I let out a loud sigh, and look up, my eyes instantly meeting James’. A huge smile fills his face, with me involuntarily mirroring his actions, making him chuckle.

“You ready?” he asks me, so I nod, not saying anything. He holds out his hand for me to take, and I do so, smiling as I do – it’s the first time we’ve held hands, and I didn’t actually realise how big his hands are!

I clamber into the car, and slide along the back seat, with James copying me, before slamming the door shut, and nodding at the driver, as a way of telling him he can now set off. James fumbles around in his coat pocket for a minute, before pulling his iPhone out, and gently placing it on his lap, before he looks at me, noticing that I’ve been staring at him since we got into the taxi. He raises an eyebrow, before speaking,