Chapter Ten

“I’m not sure Soph; I don’t really like the idea of this...” I tell her honestly, but she simply shakes her head at me and downs another vodka shot.

“And I’m sure you also don’t like the idea of him fucking someone else whilst you’re in the same house, so which would you rather happen; you fake kiss a guy, or stand and wait around whilst James gets laid?” she asks me, and places a hand on her hip, holding eye contact with me constantly.

“Fine, let’s just get this over with. I hate kissing people I don’t know, it just feels...weird.” I state, and shudder at the thought. I don’t know why, but over 90% of the people I’ve kissed I’ve known pretty well. I just feel like that’s the way it should be.

“You’ll get used to it. I did.” She tells me, and smiles at George as he enters the room. In all honesty though, I don’t want to get used to it, I just want James, but he obviously doesn’t feel the same way, so maybe I’m just wasting my time. It’s worth a try I guess.

Turning on my heels to go to the bathroom, I crash into the toned, muscled body of a guy who’s around a foot taller than me. I look up, and I’m shocked by how attractive he actually is. He has jet black dark hair, a gorgeous tan, and all of his features are very distinguished – his face looks as if it was crafted by gods. If I wasn’t so into James, I’d be flirting like mad with this guy right now.

“Okay, that’s not exactly how I wanted you to meet...but Holly, this is Marcus.” George says, and a smile fills Marcus’ face.

“You’re even more beautiful than George said.” Marcus beams, and holds out his hand for me to hold. “Shall we?” he asks, clearly aware of the plan. I slowly nod, and reluctantly follow him into the living room. Don’t get me wrong, I’m not reluctant about kissing this guy, I’m just worried about how little James will respond to it, so I may end up going further than originally planned with Marcus, which is never good when you’ve just met someone. I’ve literally said nothing to him and I’m about to stick my tongue down his throat, so I guess that isn’t good either to be honest.

Marcus and I scan the room, and our eyes instantly land on James and the blonde from earlier.

“What a douche bag...choosing that bimbo over you!” Marcus exclaims, and I can’t help but laugh. My laughter makes him smile, and he gives my hand a quick squeeze as he weaves his way through the crowded dance floor, making sure we don’t lose each other, or else the plan will just go to waste. Luckily, Marcus doesn’t appear too drunk, so everything should hopefully go smoothly.

Marcus and I begin dancing with each other, and he actually makes me laugh, as we somehow manage to dance with each other, whilst at the same time downing various ciders. This lasts for around five minutes, until I realise that James hasn’t even noticed we’ve entered the room, so I decide to grab his attention.

“JAMES!” I shout, and he instantly looks up, scouring the room until his eyes land on me. A smile fills his face, which is when I know is the appropriate time to slut drop against Marcus, receiving a chuckle from him. James looks less pleased by this, and whispers something into the blonde’s ear, sending her away for a minute, I assume to get drinks...or condoms.

“It seems to be working.” Marcus whispers into my ear, and a smile instantly fills my face.

“Shall we step it up a notch?” I whisper back, and I can now feel James’ eyes practically burning a hole in the side of my head.

“Definitely...let’s teach the bastard a lesson.” Marcus smirks, and twirls me around so I’m facing him.