Chapter Three

I roll my eyes as I walk down the magazine aisle in Tesco, and begin thinking about how pointless they all are. Like, who seriously cares about Cheryl Cole’s new haircut, or how Adele lost two stone?

Apparently my mum does though - she said that I ‘have’ to go out and buy her weekly magazines, seeing as she’s too ill to go out and buy them. So, naturally, I’ve shoved about ten pounds worth of junk food in the basket, and I’m currently, unwillingly looking for my mum’s crappy magazines and newspapers. I dump all of the magazines in the basket, not really taking interest in any of them. However, something catches my eye as I pick up The Sun newspaper. There’s a huge picture of James on the front page, and then a smaller one of him leaving a club with someone, but the picture’s too small for me to figure out who it actually is.

I instantly flick to page twenty eight, where it says the full article is held, and I suddenly forget where I am, as my mouth slightly opens.

“You alright love?” an old man to the left of me asks, so I nod, and quickly shut my mouth. The man nods and walks away, shaking his head as he does, for no apparent reason.

Staring back at me is a huge photo of James walking up to my front door, and then the other is of James and I leaving the club last Friday...well, fuck. As I examine the photos, I notice that there’s also one of us laid down in the field last night, staring into each other’s eyes. The newspaper’s overanalysed the photos way too much, going as far as to comment on our positions and what our eyes are focusing on. There’s also one of us running away, with the caption ‘must be in a rush’ – gr! Yeah, we were in a fucking rush to get away from your twat of a photographer!

I take a deep breath and begin to read the article:

James Arthur bags himself yet another girl!

James Arthur, who is more than known for his antics, has recently bagged himself another girl, who we haven’t yet discovered the name of. James has been seen with this girl on more than one occasion, so who knows? Maybe romance is on the horizon, and James might finally settle down, but we highly doubt that! Although, he does look very smitten with his new woman...but whatever he does – we’re happy for him...*cough* he’s ours! *cough* Just kidding – enjoy it while you can, James!

We say they look lovely together, but we highly doubt it’ll last. Oh well, we’ll be his shoulder to cry on...

I try not to let it bother me, and stroll over the checkout, unloading my shopping as quickly as humanely possible. The cashier smiles at me, and begins scanning my items and placing them in my bags. As she’s scanning The Sun, the stupid bitch can’t help but comment, and let out a loud tut.

“Shame, isn’t it? A handsome young lad like him, keeps going for the wrong girls – wish he’d just settle down...” she mumbles, and gently places the newspaper in my bag. I feel anger bubbling up inside of me – how dare she speak about me like that! It was indirect, but it was still fucking offensive!

“Yeah, well, you don’t know the girl personally, so she could be lovely for all you know.” I retort, which clearly shocks her, as she raises an eyebrow at me and shakes her head, not saying anything else.

“That’s eighteen pounds please...” she mumbles, like she’s anxious. I hand her a twenty pound note, and begin to pick up my bags.

“Keep the change.” I scoff, to which she raises an eyebrow at and doesn’t comment, yet again. I roll my eyes. “Oh, and next time you’re slagging off people, be sure not to do it to their face, okay?” I tell her, and her eyes immediately widen, suddenly realising what I mean.

“I’m-” she begins, but I interrupt her.

“It doesn’t matter!” I say, and leave the supermarket quickly, not looking back.