THE TARGET

Time to roll the dice, you know the type
type to risk my life, not afraid to die

Jiwon came back to her table only to spot everyone back. Gun pyeong handed her the coffee she asked for and sat back down. Jiwon noticed Pildo and Hyejin talking so she didn't disturb them and followed Gun Pyeong to check the footage from the cctv they had set. Just a few seconds later she felt a pair of eyes on her so she looked up to see Hyejin eyeing them. Jiwon gave her a soft smile as she looked away and focused on her work.

Every passing minute now feels getting more boring. They have nothing else to look for currently so all the 5 detectives just wasted their time.

Pildo suddenly stood up and went to chief's room which was adjacent to their own. "Chief, the target is on move." Jiwon stood straight from the new information. The target. The person they have been searching for so long. Chief rushed out of his office and Informed Dae Soo to call for back up. Every one else got ready to get their firearms.

"Everyone hand in your cell phones." Pildo opened a bag as everyone from the narcotics team and the back up team kept their cell phones.

"Tonight, our target is.." Chief Gi Ho started explaining while showing the target's info. "..Is Choi Mujin." Jiwon saw Hyejin being a bit distracted so she just nudged her which brought her back into reality. Chief further explained, "Choi Mujin, on surface he is a successful CEO of hotel liber but he's the boss of Dongcheon, the largest drug ring that supplies 90% of the meth in the nation. Their middle man, committed suicide. A ship owned by him arrived from Thailand and it was taken over by Choi Mujin. It is located in North Port, section K." Jiwon gave a quick glance to Hyejin just to make sure she was focusing this time which she was.

"Choi Mujin will be arriving there in 50 minutes. Team one and two will go under narcotics' order. The rest are for back up." Chief changed the photos and showed some more photos taken from different CCTVs of the hotel Liber. "Don't worry about anyone else, our target is Choi Mujin. Understand?" "Yes sir!" Everyone shouted in unison. With the order of moving out, every other person moved but Hyejin didn't. "Lets go." Jiwon instructed once again as she moved out, Pildo following the girls.

They all sat in their alloted cars, stressed and nervous. This plan can work, they were finally getting to Choi Mujin. Jiwon turned to Hyejin who threw the bag of phones she held. Jiwon eyed the bag in suspicion but let it go and told Hyejin, "Don't loose focus, you really haven't changed. You've been doing that the whole time during the planning." Hyejin nervously nodded not really caring to listen to her teammate.

Out of everyone there Jiwon might be the the person who wants to catch Choi Mujin the most. That jerk had made her life a living hell, he took the life of someone she adored the most in the world and looked up to as her role model.

After a 30-40 min ride they finally reached the port. They took several yachts to reach near the ship that chief reported them about.

On the other hand, Mujin and his troop have made it to the ship. The drug makers led him the way to the place as he checked the drugs. He was supposed to sell these drugs to a Japanese dealer with a millions of worth so he will make sure everything's going well.

"Team one in position." Pildo announced through his earpiece. "Team two in position. Choi Mujin confirmed inside the ship." Jiwon announced this time.

Her along with the 5 other teammates entered the ship from the front. She looked over to one of her mate and signalled him to check and cover the front the door, he did the same. Jiwon opened the door and cautiously stepped down the flight of stairs. None of the 6 people dared to make a single sound. She hid behind the wall and peeked out. "There's a team guiding a door. The first three of us are gonna keep them busy, last three of you need to cross. Go." Jiwon stepped out along with the two mates behind her. They kept their guns pointed as Mujin's guards took out their knives. The trio slowly moved forward, trying to scare of the thugs. That wasn't going to happen because the next second one of the thug swung his knife forward to jiwon as she dodged it and held his hand, twisting it to his back. The others were caught up too.

The thug kicked Jiwon on her shin due to which her grip loosened and she bent forward which gave the guard to turn around and swing his knife again but jiwon tricked again, though a small cut has now been formed on her left shoulder. She didn't want to shoot and make others aware of their presence which hesitation she ran forward and lunged onto the thug, punching him with all force she had and knocking him out. She went near the other thug and pulled him off the other police, choking him. This gave the officer to get up and kick the thug in the stomach which made him to fall to his knees and cough some blood. She took out her handcuffs and handcuffed him, and put tape on his mouth. "Huh guess your first mission didn't kill you." She spoke jokingly to the newly employed detective. The man just chuckled and wiped the blood from his lips. The team set to go in again.

A few more minutes in and they got away from a lot more thugs than they expected only to come across a place where they saw none other Choi Mujin. "There's a problem with Pildo. Team two move to team one." Chief announced. "Lets divide, you three go to team one, I'll stay nearby, the other two go to right side." Jiwon instructed them. Before they could set themselves, Pildo arrived just infront of Choi Mujin as he turned his back, his right hand man Jung Taeju guarding him.

Pildo warned him and his troop to not do anything as Jiwon kept an eye from distance. Just when Pildo was about to catch him a sudden gun shot broke through the ship and the lights went off and someone even started a fire inside the ship. Jiwon tried her best to shoot mujin but he was on the other side of the fire which made it hard for her. Just when she got a chance Jung Taeju stood in front of him and shot her, which she fortunately missed. And in the next second they were all gone. Jiwon looked around to find nothing. "Lets go!" Pildo shouted to her and pulled with him out of the ship which was slowly getting consumed by the fire.

1 hour later

"Hey hey check inside again." Chief kept getting frustrated. Jiwon went inside and searched all again. She bumped into Hyejin who apologized and was going away when jiwon spoke, "Where were you when Choi Mujin escaped?" Hyejin looked at Jiwon with a questioning look and said, "I.. was just behind Jeon Pildo.." Jiwon nodded and went out of the ship, leaving Hyejin dumbfounded.

No one but Jiwon has seen Hyejin do something really questionable this time.

________________________________

Idek what to write now. Hope y'all enjoyed this chap! Thanks for reading!

 Hope y'all enjoyed this chap! Thanks for reading!

Jung Taeju (Lee Hak Joo)