MOLE

You may think you're winning
But checkmate.
Yeah you may think you're winning
But CHECKMATE.

Jiwon entered the team room only to be greeted by Gun Pyeong. "Um Miss Jiwon, I got the profile of Oh Hyejin." He reported. "Oh okay send it to me." She said and switched on her computer. She had previously asked him for her profile because Hyejin seemed suspicious to her. Jiwon had a brief look on her profile. 'Something isn't sitting right.' She thought to herself. Her profile looked like what a normal person's profile would be but still it didn't make any sense to Jiwon. She couldn't even say anything about Hyejin to anyone without being sure herself.

About an hour later, Pildo and Hyejin returned to the office. "Got anything?" Jiwon asked. Both of them shook their heads. Jiwon sighed and slumped back on her seat.

Before they could settle down Dae Soo entered the room hurriedly. "Got anything?" Jiwon repeated this time to Dae Soo expecting nothing in return. "Did you find anything?" He asked everyone instead. "we have got no footages or evidence." Pildo said in a tired voice. "Hey Pildo who am I?" Dae Soo asked which made everyone give him a questioning look. He scrolled something on his phone and showed that to Pildo. Jiwon rushed towards him and looked at the video as well. "This is the kind of person I am!" Dae Soo proudly. "Him..?" Jiwon questioned silently. Hearing them Hyejin also joined and looking at the person her eyes went wide open. "I got it from a dashcam footage. I drove all the way to Seongan to track down the driver!" Dae Soo explained more.

"But who is he.. ?" Pildo asked. "I feel like I have seen him." Jiwon added. "He looks familiar, let's look him up." Dae Soo said for the last time and went back to his seat. Soon enough, Chief joined them to look at the suspect. "Chief, doesn't he look familiar?" Chief examined the footage more.

The narcotics team were now in their mission room where all the evidence and paperwork of the Mujin case are kept. "Do GangJae, this asshole used to be in Dongcheon." Chief Cha explained pointing at the photo of GangJae which they were using.

The Do GangJae in the photo and in the footage seem like two different people and that is why it took them some time to figure it out.

"He suddenly disappeared four years ago." Pildo spoke this time. "Did something happened there?" Gun pyeong asked to which Jiwon replied, "There was a rumour that someone died at the gym." She looked over to Hyejin who avoided eye contact with her. "How do you think Choi Mujin will react?" Pildo asked. "We are after him so he'll stay low right?" Chief Cha smirked a bit and answered, "He can never do that. Choi Mujin has his pride hurt, he'll search for Do GangJae."

In the meantime Choi Mujin really is planning to search for Do GangJae. "Making a move now is dangerous." Taeju reminded Mujin of his state. He turned to Taeju and asked, "Are you scared?" With his usual bored look Taeju answered, "No sir." Mujin nodded and said, "If we don't move, the organisation will crumble. I have to show them who I am and what Dongcheon is all about." Taeju internally worried about his boss. Even if his pride was hurt, he shouldn't take such a risk. Taeju didn't object any further and went away.

"For now.. Let Mango go."

"What?!" Everyone in the team asked in unison. Cheif replied "Let's see what Mujin does." "What about Do GangJae?" Pildo asked and Dae soo recommended, "Shall we put an APB?" "But still shall we let him be?" Jiwon added. "No. Just for the time being." Chief continued, "We will catch Choi Mujin while GangJae has him rattled."

"But four people have died in this case." Hyejin stated, "If two gangs collide then more will die. Does it... Not matter how many gang members die?" "Those assholes can die, I don't care." Chief replied for the last time and went away. "okay.. let's start with Choi Mujin again.." Pildo instructed as everyone got to work.

Mango is being let go. It's a trap. Mujin laughed at the texts sent to him.

Oh Hyejin sent it.

He indeed had her as a mole inside the narcotics team. Without her he might have been caught but Hyejin saved him. He was impressed with the girl. "The other organisations are awaiting your instructions." Taeju informed his boss. "Send them all away."
"Pardon?"
"Do you trust anyone here? Cha Gi Ho is trying to play me. So I'll play." Mujin smirked and lit a cigarette.

"Hey any report from the team working on Dongcheon?" Chief asked the team to which no one really had an answer. "Um no sir." Jiwon replied. "Our guys are gathering intel so we don't go there." Pildo added. "Are they getting help from other organisations?" Dae Soo asked. "Um no, Choi Mujin will act personally. But... I think someone will flip for us." Chief added. "What?" The mebers questioned. "But who is it?" "I don't know yet, I'll meet him later. Pildo, Jiwon come." Chief called the both of them and left, the two officers following close behind.

"You said someone is selling new drugs. I bet it's GangJae." Mujin told his officials. "He wants to kill me and take over the market, so.. if we get him we also get the drugs." "Yes." Taeju commented and left. He came into his room and thought back to the days, reminding himself of the secret that Jiwon hides from everyone else. He got up and left the place to meet the buyers.

Mujin got up and grabbed his phone which vibrated indicating a message has been received.

The traitor of our team is going to meet Cha Gi Ho today. I'll look into it.

Hyejin texted him informing about the above. A worried look covered Mujin's face because now he really thought none of his teammates are traitors but still this news worried him. He is expecting some catch from Hyejin.

"How long will you postpone this?" "Gangjae isn't the only problem, even the narcotics team are after you." Different buyers gave different statements which Taeju accepted silently. "Whose side should we take if a turf war breaks out?" A buyer commented to which Taeju raised his head, questioning him, "Are saying trying to place bets on who will win?" Taeju scoffed softly and got up, deciding not to stay and waste his time their any longer. "Fine. Do that then. But remember, the buy-in is your life."

Jiwon stood there on the side walk and waved to the chief once she found him coming towards her. They didn't speak anything because they know pretty well that the mole would have informed about the situation and someone would keep an eye on them. Chief took out a newspaper while Jiwon acted like she was busy on her phone. They saw the same black dressed man/woman across the street.

Another car crossed them and parked a few steps ahead them. The window rolled down and Jiwon looked into the rear view mirror, spotting Taeju. "Is he...?" She started but chief stopped her midway, "I'll explain everything later." Just when they were walking their way to Taeju's car, the same black dressed man/woman crossed them, giving a brief look to chief and Jiwon as well as Taeju.

Now Jiwon got everything. The man or woman dressed in black is probably the mole they talk about who is keeping an eye on them to see if they have any mole in Mujin's team when in reality there are none. But due to Cha Gi Ho's trap, now Taeju will appear as a Mole working against Mujin.

Not waiting any longer, Taeju left without even talking with the officers. "I got everything." Jiwon stated. "I knew you would. Great. Now let's look into it, someone might be suspicious here."

They met up with Pildo later while he showed them some photos as evidence. "So Mujin really has planted someone among us." "Pildo or Jiwon. One of you always keep a close eye on Oh Hyejin, ever since she came all these things are happening."

_________________________________

So we found out that Oh Hyejin is the informant! How long will it take for the police or in fact, how long will Jiwon take to figure out her actual identity? Stay tuned to find out!