C26~ That's Why

Bailey's p.o.v

I knew Simon was joking, but I could see Casey's gears turning. Of course, she would actually consider it. And she'll try and convince me to audition too. Which will not have any effect because I will not. What I'm more concerned with, is the fact she brought up the entirety of me singing. She knew, and still said something in front of Simon. I was fuming, my face probably reddening as they looked at me. "I can't sing."

Simon looked to the boys for confirmation, they all shrugged. "Come to think of it, I've not heard her sing." Niall was amazed that he actually hadn't.

"Me either," Harry agreed, "Why don't you?"

My lips pursed as I spoke, "Casey can we speak in the hall?"

She knew what was coming, which is why she looked to the boys for help. She received none, so she followed. "Sure,"

Once out in the hall, I narrowed my eyes on her. "Seriously?"

"I'm sorry it slipped," She said raising her hands in defense. "But don't you think it were time you did?"

My eyes screwed shut, "Don't you think if I wanted to sing again I would? You had no right. Now I'm going to be asked why, and you knew I don't like talking about it."

"Just imagine, if we did." She smiled, "It would be fun, you have to admit."

I shook my head in disagreement, "As far as I'm concerned, you can do whatever you want. But let me clarify with you one thing, I won't."

"Bailey j-"

"I'm going down to the café," I said cutting her off. With that I spun around and headed for the elevator. Casey didn't protest either, which was probably the best decision. The elevator was empty, that was at least until it hit the third floor. Then a tall guy stepped in. He wore glasses that framed his inviting blue eyes.

"Hi," He smiled, a smile that happened to reveal his perfectly lined teeth.

"Hi," I returned the smile. "Lobby?"

"Indeed," He nodded. "I'm heading to the café, they have some fresh lemon triangles,"

"That's where I'm heading too," I said starring at the door.

"So do you work here?" He asked, but the words just went in one ear and out the other.

"Hmm?" I said absently. When it dawned on me that I had completely ignored his question, I apologized. "I'm sorry, I totally just zoned out on you. Not that you're boring or anything! I'm a bit mad as of right now."

"Just one of those days huh?" He asked looking over at me.

"It was a good day actually, up until five measly minutes ago." I shrugged.

"It's nice to meet you, I'm Cree." His hand extended for mine.

"Bailey, nice to meet you." I returned a smile as we shook hands.

"What was it that you asked me?" I questioned.

"Oh, if you worked here?" Our eyes locked.

"Oh no, just here with some friends. Someone wanted to see me, so had to attend." I paused, "Do you?"

"Alas I wish, but for now I'm just interning. Need some college application creds." His voice deeply replied.

'ding'

The elevator doors opened, exhibiting the modern layout of the lobby. "Is it okay if I walk with you to the café? I have no idea of on where it is," I sheepishly asked.