C29~ She Really Said That!!

Baileys p.o.v

As I walked to the center of the stage, I saw the judges quiet down. The mic in my right hand had been being held in a death grip, suffice to say I was nervous. I wanted vomit, stop walking and just vomit right there on the stage. But I didn't, I kept walking with my gaze on the ground. All the practicing I'd been doing would hopefully pay off in this moment.

"Hey sweetie what's your name?" Britney asked me, with a toothy smile on display.

"Bailey Carter," I gulped nervously into the mic.

"What city are you from, your accent isn't English," She asked me.

"Born in London, raised in New York City," I replied as I fiddled with the mic using my nails.

"And how old are you?" Britney asked me.

"I am seventeen," I said very nervously into the mic.

"You seem nervous, what's wrong babe?" Demi asked.

My heart kind of stopped, skipped a beat. "I just haven't sang for some time, just worried."

"Oh I'm sorry, is it something personal? You can tell us what happened." " She nodded with the rest of the judges.

Great, the question I was afraid of, "The last person to hear me sing was my friend Lily, and I was singing to her right before she passed away... So I guess it was sort of a special thing, I thought she should be the only one to ever hear me sing. But lately I realized she would've wanted this for me. She wouldn't want me to shut the world out from my voice. I know she is up there watching me and I know she is watching happily that I decided to do this," I told them as tears ran down my cheeks.

Demi had the usual 'aw im sorry' face, typical. Britney was halfway to me when I looked at her. She pulled me into a tight hug, "I'm sorry I'm an emotional sap, I figured you needed a hug. You sing and kill it for Lily" she gave an encouraging smile before making her way back to the judges panel.

"Now what are you going to sing for us?" Reid questioned with a smile plastered on his face.

"Titanium by David Guetta," My nerves heightened drastically by the end of my reply.

"Oh that is one of my favorites!" Demi squealed. I slightly giggled before the music started. I took a deep breath before starting the song.

"You shout it out,

But I can't hear a word you say

I'm talking loud not saying much

I'm criticized but all your bullets ricochet

You shoot me down, but I get up

I'm bulletproof, nothing to lose

Fire away, fire away

Ricochet, you take your aim

Fire away, fire away

You shoot me down but I won't fall

I am titanium

You shoot me down but I won't fall

I am titanium

Cut me down

But it's you who'll have further to fall

Ghost town, haunted love

Raise your voice, sticks and stones may break my bones

I'm talking loud not saying much

I'm bulletproof, nothing to lose

Fire away, fire away

Ricochet, you take your aim

Fire away, fire away

You shoot me down but I won't fall

I am titanium

You shoot me down but I won't fall

I am titanium

I am titanium

I am titanium

Stone-hard, machine gun

Fired at the ones who run

Stone-hard as bulletproof glass

You shoot me down but I won't fall

I am titanium

You shoot me down but I won't fall

I am titanium

You shoot me down but I won't fall

I am titanium

You shoot me down but I won't fall

I am titanium

I am titanium"

When the music cut I smiled, I couldn't help but feel proud. I actually did it.

"I knew you were going to have an excellent voice, I just knew it!" Britney smiled clapping her hands.

"I am impressed, for someone who doesn't use their voice, sure does know how to wail." L.A Reid said with an approving nod.

"That was definitely incredible, I would've never thought that somebody who's voice was in hibernation so long, would be so good! I absolutely loved it!!" Demi was ecstatic.

The three judges looked over to Simon, was looking down at a piece of paper. "I enjoyed it very much,"

"How are you feeling now?" Demi asked, with an already knowing gaze.

"Grateful and relieved," I really wanted to jump around squealing, but I just stayed composed.

"Yes," Demi started with a beaming smile.

"Yes," Britney agreed,

"I'm sorry but I think you're young right now, you're voice needs more practice and work. I loved your audition, it just needs work. So I'm going to have to say no,"

My heart basically fell into my ass, Simon is the deciding vote... "You know Reid, I agree with you," Simon bobbed his head in agreement, which made me feel like crying, "I agree with some parts. Yes, she's young. Yes her voice needs some work, but what better place to progress than here? I say yes,"

"My pulse quickened, I made it. Tears spilled over my eyes as I walked for the door, "Thank you so much," Once outside the door I leaned against the wall, the proceeded to slid down the wall to where I was sitting against it. I closed my eyes and smiled, "Thank you Jesus,"

"BAIIILAAAYYYYYY" Casey's voice screeched from my left, "WE DID IT,"

"I know," I murmured once we were in a hug.

From Niall: Way to go you guys, you killed it out there!

I looked up from my phone over to where they were standing, giving us thumbs up with excitement plastered all over their faces. I then grabbed a bottle of water and began to drink it. Only to do a massive spit take when I heard the next name up for auditions. Casey looked over at me with a mixed expression. Anger and annoyance.

An: oh who do you think it is? I know but ask Bailey it's her turn lol!!!! Get to work girl.

Comment

Vote

Fan us

Thx 4 reading!!

~Casey <3

{Edited Version: Hey it's me, B. love ya. ~B. x}