fifteen

july 4, 2020
THE POGUES WERE GOING TO A KEGGER FOR THE FOURTH OF JULY.
The pogues were in the twinkie, john b driving to the boneyard for a party. John b parked and they all walked through already drunk teenagers. Mel was designated driver so she couldn't get drunk, which she was perfectly fine with.

John b, jj, and kie were all socializing while pope and melody sat down and drank soda's that they brought.
Melody couldn't stop staring at jj, who was talking to some girl. Pope's eyes flickered between the two, when mel would look away, jj would look at her. Pope talked to john b about what jj had told him and john b agreed that jj did in fact have a crush on her. Rafe walked over to her with a huge smile, probably drunk or high she thought. "melody!" he grinned and opened his arms up for a hug. She chuckled and hugged him. He lifted her up and spun her around. "you wanna dance?" he asked after setting her back on the ground. "sure" he grabbed her hand and pulled her into the area where people were dancing. They danced for about 20 minutes and melody didnt see the looks jj was giving her, but pope and john b did. His jaw was clenched and he was gripping his red solo cup. The girl he was talking to walked away and went to a different guy. Jj sat down in melody's previous spot, next to pope.

"you should tell her" pope stated and jj shook his head side to side, "no, nope, never".

Rafe had got caught up with an kelce so melody went back to pope also now to jj. "hey guys" she spoke and both boys smiled to her. Mel and jj made eye contact and mel held her hand out for him to grab. "what?" he asked. "dance with me", "fineee" he pretended to not want to, but he was smiling inside. Melody wrapped her hands around his neck and he put his hands on her waist, giving her butterflies. Their faces were inches apart and they were just staring at eachother. All of the suden a big boom goes off and both flinch, then they heard cheering. "fireworks" he whispered in her ear, his breath on her neck. "they could have given us a warning" she said and he nodded in agreement. John b, kie, and pope all came and stood next to the two. "happy fourth guys!" they all cheered. Everyone was watching the fireworks. Jj watched as melody's face lit up when there was a big one. He was in love with the girl next to him.