nineteen

july 9, 2020
MELODY WOKE UP HOURS LATER, pope and jake still on the couch. Mel felt the puke coming up so she ran to the bathroom and threw up in the toilet, pope held her hair back while jake made some toast for her. After puking her guts out she stood up and drank the water that pope handed her. "thanks" she muttered. "whatcha doing here? did jake call you?" melody asked.
"uh no i came to see if you were okay" pope awkwardly said and melody smiled. "thank you pope, but uh im okay" she held her thumbs up. "then why'd you get drunk in the middle of the day?".

"i dont know" she shrugged and he sighed.

"mel, im here for you, ok?" he said and she nodded and hugged him. "i know" she replied.

They walked out of the bathroom and melody ate the toast. "so wheres your mom?" pope questioned as he looked around the house. "uh running errands" melody lied and he nodded. It was about 6 pm and everyone was hungry. "pope you wanna stay the night?" melody asked and he smiled. "yeah" ,she nodded. "what yall what for dinner?". "we could pick up from the wreck?" jake suggested and pope nodded. Pope got into the driver's seat ignoring melody's whining and jake got in the back. Pope drove to the wreck and melody walked in. She saw john b, jj, and kie all talking. Their backs were faced her so they didnt see her. Melody told one of the waitresses that her order was for pick up and the waitress went into the kitchen to grab it. "when i was driving through figure 8 i saw her mom leaving she looked pissed" john b said and melody sighs. "didnt pope say he was gonna come by?" kie questioned. "said he had to do something i dont know" jj shrugged. Where is the waitress? melody tapped her finger on the counter. Mr carrea came out holding melodys food with a smile. "melody, nice to see you" he said, loud enough for jj, john b, and kie turned around. "mr carrea, how are you" she hugged him. "good, good, heres your food" he handed her the bag. "thank you, i gotta run, jakes waiting for me" she smiled to him. She could feel the pogues watching her but she was to tired to deal with them. She got in her car and buckled her seatbelt. "they were in there" she said. "who?" pope asked, "jj, kie, and john b" he nods and drives away.