chapter seventeen

chapter seventeen
unfortunate

WARNING!!
BEATINGS, BLOOD, AND KNIFE

a/n: im not good at writing fighting scenes so bear with me

──her shoulder-length black hair is being blown by the wind, her beautiful brown eyes staring in the distance, she's sitting on a bench underneath a tree as she's waiting for someone to arrive. it was november fourteenth in the year 2003, the day of her birthday and someone sent her a letter that told her to come to the school's garden.

anyways, this is her third time receiving a letter from someone she doesn't know much and she's hoping that he's just gonna give her a gift and not confess. naya, metsuha, and draken (they forced draken) are watching over her in a faraway distance since maki said that she needs someone to look after her if ever she gets beaten up. "okira-san..." a guy called her name making her turn her head to her right and there stood a boy with indigo hair and piercing black eyes.

"i'm sorry i'm late, okira-san." the male apologized as he bowed slightly at the raven-haired girl who stood up from her seat. "it's fine, suzumi-kun." maki smiled sweetly at the indigo-haired male who's name is suzumi taroki. he is a nice person, quiet and a loner, maki has coincidently seen him many times already, like whenever she is going home, playing at the park with the gang, or whenever she's with naya.

maki didn't mind it at first since she thought he also lives near her neighborhood so she didn't confront him about it, "happy birthday, okira-san." suzumi beamed as he hands out the black-haired girl a box of chocolate with a note and a cute teddy bear. maki awed and wholeheartedly took the gifts with a big grin etched on her face, "thank you so much, suzumi-kun!" maki exclaimed, a small blush coating her cheeks,

"you're welcome, okira-san. i hope we get along more."

"i have a bad feeling about him..." metsuha- maki's older twin sister and is known as the cupid- said in distaste while glaring at the male's back. "he looks suspicious," naya stated as she narrowed her eyes to see the two clearly, "i heard he's a stalker." draken voiced out making the two girls look at him in shock, "what? it's just a rumor, don't mind it." draken added, his attention back to the indigo-haired male.

'i better investigate him'

◤◪◥

SWOOSHH

(y/n) stumbled back as the baseball bat shielded her face. the little noise she did earlier made the stalker look at where the noise came from and of course, he did not just look, he also swung his knife in (y/n)'s direction, it's a good thing that she has fast reflexes.

"so this is where you are!" he exclaimed, his eyes creasing indicating that he's smiling underneath his face mask. (y/n) stepped back and fixed her stance, her eyebrows furrowed at the sight of him. 'way to go (y/n)!' she sarcastically said as the situation right now isn't going to her supposed plan. "you don't know how excited i am to kill you!!" he enthusiastically said as he swings his knife on (y/n)'s way,

the (h/c) haired girl dodged on her left but a stinging pain formed on her cheeks as blood seeped out from the small cut the knife made. (y/n) clicked her tongue in distaste, she gripped the baseball bat on her hand tightly and hit it hard on the guy's no-no square.

"GAHH!" he let out a wince as he held his groin protectively, (y/n) took this chance to knock him out so she smashed his head with the baseball bat. the male grunted, his body fell on the ground as (y/n) knocked him out.