Chapter 2: Exhaustion

Well, Science.. Here I come.

I had a very slumpy posture, and obviously, I wasn't ready for this school day. I was sinking into my backpack. Once I made it to the end of the hall I took the stairs to the next floor. The Science room was just a few more doors down the hall.
I entered the room, and once more all eyes were drawn to me. I awkwardly walked to the teacher and simply handed him the paper.

"Damn, another one? What, you hookin' up with the teachers after class or something?!"

"Quiet!" The tall man shouted at the boy, giving him a promisingdeath stare. "Thank you, have a seat."

I walked over to my desk and saw the black hooded girl to the far back of the class gazing at her phone. As my chair was at the front by the door.

Wonder what she's doing..

I set my backpack down next to my seat, and took out my science book.

Ugh. I don't even want to go home today, maybe I'll just go shopping with my allowance. I know I'm grounded so might as well keep myself busy..

"Thomas?"

"Uh-Uh yes sir!"

"Please continue reading."

"Where are we..?"

"Page 279, paragraph 2. Please pay attention in my class."

I gave him a thumbs up and continued reading. "Be lucky I didn't dock you any points." I nodded as I soon felt a warmth spread across my face, due to the snickering that echoed around me. I dug my face into the book hoping no one would notice my blushy-like face.

Time flew by in the science period, I only gained such little knowledge as I was day dreaming most of the time. Drowning in my own thoughts; But would only ever reach the surface when someone got my attention.

Ding dang ding

Everyone around me stood up, just realizing the period was over I gathered all my things that soon entered my backpack. I looked around as all the kids exited the room. Then she caught my eye. "Hey!" She immediately turned her head towards me as I ran to the back of the room. I helped put her supplies into her backpack.
"So, the English teacher volunteered me to show you around the school; if you're down for it of course.."

She flung her backpack over her shoulder as it latched keeping steady on her back, "Maybe on Thursday? I have work after school, and I can't be late."
She started walking towards the exit as I followed her trail, while nodding as I received the polite rejection.

"Sure, we can meet at the fountain."

"Sounds great, -oh by the way.. Do you know where B1 History is?" She said reading her paper schedule.

"Yeah, uh its downstairs and about 5 doors to your right."

"Sweet, see you around." She said as the folded paper entered her pocket.

"You too.."

I turned back heading to math.

So, gotta tour the new girl in two days, gotta start waking up early. No more video games. Gotta pay attention in class- God! I can go on forever.
I have lunch at 12:30, maybe I can get to know that girl.

I entered the math class room, which was lead by Jimmy, or as we call him, Mr. Schmit. He's a pretty cool dude. I was always on good terms with him even before I got into his math class.
I always loved math, and something that's more powerful than my love for math was the brains that I had to do every assigned question. I like to think of myself as one of the best people at math; and not to toot my horn but, toot toot!
"Hey Tommy!" He said giving me a high five. I playfully rolled my eyes, because he knows only my mom ever calls me that.
I walked over to my seat and let my backpack slide off my arm onto the ground my backpack down. I then opened it real quick and took out a led pencil out along with my math book. "Pumped up for today?" He said rummaging through some papers.