Chapter 12: Is this.. Love?

The rest of the day I feel like the feeling only increased. Everytime I would make him laugh or he'd compliment me, and even when all he did was smile I felt like cupid struck me. It almost like he knows what he's doing.

_
Minutes after the dismissing bell I rushed to the roof where Thomas promised to meet me so we could begin our tour.
"Raechel!" He walked towards me and pulled me in for a hug.
I blushed as he pulled me in closer than I would have thought. He gave me a pat on my back before pulling away.

"You sure do miss me huh."

"Well yeah! You're my best friend." He said smiling.

"The last time I saw you was like an hour ago, but yeah. I missed you as well."

He smiling and exhaled a long breath, "alright lets get this tour started. So if you didn't know, this is called a roof." He said chuckling at his silly words.

"This is a roof?! I've seen so many of these!" We both laughed at each other and he seriously started touring me around explaining everything I needed to know.
_
As we were walking down the English hall, I heard a familiar voice sourcing fron behind me.

"What do are you still doing here freak?" It was Mason walking down the hall, he had his hands in his pockets and looked bored.

"What're you still doing here Mason?" I said asking him, Thomas shot me a look that I read perfectly.
I fucked up didn't I..

Thomas Pov

After Raechel and I finished on the swings, we decided to take a quick store trip bought a comfy looking striped blanket and a couple fruits as a snack.
Once we got back to the park we laid it down under a tall and fluffy tree. I decided to land on it and Raechel who mirrored my actions fell on the blanket as well.
We laid there for a couple minutes bored out of our minds, then Raechel and I decided to share some embarrassing memories we've experienced.

"I don't know if this is weird, but I think you have a cute laugh." I said biting my shiny red apple.
What I said was genuine, and by the look on Raechel's face I could tell she appreciated it.

"Thanks, I think you have a charming laugh as well." I smiled and felt something that I've never felt before. It was a weird feeling, it was something I've never experienced.
Something rushed throughout my body, like when you touch something metal and you get shocked. That's what I felt, but it didn't hurt, I actually enjoyed that feeling.

"Why do you do that?"

"Do what?"

"Cover your face."

"Oh.." I held my fruit in my hand as it fell to against the blanket. "Well I like to think of it as a neat or polite way of eating. But really I'm just a lil' insecure about it."

"About your smile?"

"Yeah.. I guess. I used to have braces going into highschool, so many people like Mason found me as an easy target. But now im just hoping to find my voice someday." I shivered at the fact that the memories of them embarrassing me shattered my thoughts.

"Well, hopefully I can help you find your voice."

I glanced a Raechel and smiled at her, "y'know I can tell that were gonna be great friends."

She smiled back at me and giggled, "I had the same thing in mind."

_
The rest of the day with Raechel I just couldn't help but think of the feeling that was still within me.
Every time she would laugh I'd also laugh because her giggles were just so contagious.
She just seemed so pure and joyful. She was an awfully hyper person as well which I truly adored.
Everytime she looked at me I'd feel something flicker within me. I don't exactly know what it is, but I have a feeling she feels it too.