Chapter 11: Confused Feelings

I gazed into her eyes, "what?" She said in a soft tone.

"I'm a bit bored." I said standing up and dusting the sand off my body.
"Really?" I held out my hand for her and she pulled herself up also dusting herself.

"Yeah, let's do something fun."

"Like what?"

"Um. We can cook something! That would be so cool."

"You can cook?"

"Well mainly barbeque, I could also manage a stove, but if you leave me alone with the oven, no doubt the house is going down in a fire within 5 minutes."
She covered her mouth as she giggled.
"Wow, well other than that, I didn't know you could cook Mr. Chef." She said giving me an elbow bump.

"Its really nothing. I guess I just come in clutch all the time huh?"

"Get over yourself!" She said as her and I laughed together.

"So you wanna cook something?"

"I think I should save my skills for later."

"Oh I'm sorry, I forgot you're too good for me." She said giggling as her hand fell to her chest dramatically.

"Oh shush..! Maybe you guys can come over for Thanks giving or something like that. Y'know, my parents can meet yours."

"Yeah that sounds good. I bet our parents will get along."

"Oh yeah for sure."

Raechel Pov

Once Thomas got in the car, I was already praying to myself that my mom wouldn't embarrass me.

"Get in the back shorty." I said laughing at my own joke. He chuckled and made his way to the back seats of the car
"Hello Thomas!" My mom said starting the car.
"Oh! Hi, sorry I didn't see you there." Thomas said buckling himself in.

"No problem darling," she said as the car started moving. "So, what're you lovebirds gonna do today?"
Immediately my eyes shot open, as she said that I thought of the conversation we had before we picked him up.

"Mom!" I said lightly hitting my mom on the arm as my mom laughed.
My face became red from embarrassment, I could hear Thomas laughing from the backseat.
"We're going to the park today Miss." He said answering my mothers question, I looked back to Thomas who looked like he had a light patch of blush sprayed across his cheeks. He glanced at me and  hid his smile with his hand.

"Ohh, how nice! About time you go outside." She said elbowing me on my arm. I darted her an embarrassed look. She glanced at me and held back her laugh.
"What about you Thomas? Do you go outside a lot?" She said looking in her mirror.

"Um, to be honest not much. Even though I love nature and find it beautiful, I usually just stay inside on my video games."

"Wow! You two would be perfect together, Raechel loves doing that too."

I facepalmed and dragged my hand to my mouth. "Mom, please. We're just friends."

I glared at the mirror and saw Thomas taken aback by the comment.

"Ok.." My mom said smirking a mischievous grin, as she held back her laugh.

"What now?" I said sliding my hand across her forehead again clearly done with my mother and her actions.

"Nothing." My mom said as she giggled. I could hear Thomas chuckling from behind me.

Then after my mom quit making a fool of me, we all started up some small talk and got to know each other slightly better.
Then a few minutes later we arrived to the park.