Chapter 10: Just a Friend..

I laid in bed hoping that something would come up and I'd be able to see Raechel again, but nothing happened.
Which, I guess is good for her. But I just have been.. Lonely..
Maybe its because she's been my first friend since junior high, but I feel like I always need to be around her. She just has an energy that no one I know shares like her and I do.
I hope she's not the one to fake me out. She doesn't seem like it, but I don't want her to hang out with me, then I suddenly get a text that shes dropping me for someone else.
Its happened multiply times before, and it sucks when it does happen; but I guess its also taught me that people don't stay forever, and life goes on without you sometimes.
_
After an hour of watching videos on my phone, it starting ringing, and Raechel was calling me.

I stared at the phone planning out the conversation due to my lack on socialism.
I swiped up answering the call. "Um, hello?"
Hey! Its not all that late yet, its barely 6, and I got off work early today so do you wanna go to the park or something?

I sat up in bed and tripped over my words, "Um, y-yeah! That sounds.. Amazing! Uh.. Do you know what park you wanna head to?"
I was thinking the one next to my house? I don't know, but the way I saw you look at that park is unforgettable! She said giggling, "well uh, yeah we can go there! Um, can you pick me up though?"
Yeah!.. If its ok with my mom, so I'll let you know and you could just text me your address.

"Uh-yeah! For sure, um. Let me know..!"
Alright, bye.
She said hanging up the phone, my eyes widened as I processed what just happened. I flopped back onto my bed and laughed.
Then I got up, walked over to my bathroom and fluffed up my hair, and I walked our to the living room where my mom was.
"Hey mom, dad at work still?"

"Yeah." She said sighing, "he gets off a bit later today so he'll probably be back around 7.
"Ok, and um.. Do you mind if I go to the park?"

"For what?" She said making eye contact with me.
"I'm meeting a friend."

"Raechel? Or someone else?"

I sighed and and hung my head down, "yes mom its Raechel." I said jerking it back up.

"Really?" She said smirking.

"Come on mom..!"

"Yes you can go. Just don't be out late."

"Alright, I think she's gonna come pick me up."

"Ooh, fancy."

I laughed and flashed a light ting of red from the embarrassing moment.
Then my phone dinged, I opened it and saw the message that read, We can pick you up just text me your address.

I responded back to her with my address, and smirked.

"Alright, I'll be waiting for her outside. See you later mom!"

"Ok, love you honey..! Remember don't be too late."

"Got it." I said leaving the house, to the fluffy grass that lied in front of the my paled colored house. I sat there and stretched in it as the soothing feel rushed throughout my body.
The sun's glare lazered into my eyes as it lowered in the sky.
Then after multiple minutes of debating to text Rae, I heard a car pull up. My head immediately shot up and opened wide as I realized who it was.
I stood up as Rae lowered her window, "Get in the back shorty." Rae said laughing at her joke. I playfully rolled my eyes and chuckled as I opened the car door to the back seats.
"Hello Thomas..!" Her mom said starting the car.
"Oh! Hi, sorry I didn't see you there."

"No problem darling," she said as the car started shifting. "So, what're you lovebirds gonna do today?"

"Mom!" Raechel said lightly hitting her mom on the arm as her mom laughed.
I flashed a cool tint of pink on my face, and laughed at Raechel as she became red from embarrassment.
"We're going to the park today Miss." I said answering the lady's question still showing blush.